The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: looking for some info  (Read 691 times)

Offline Billy Dance

• IceShanty Rookie
looking for some info
« on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:55 PM »
looking to go fishing around richmond didnt know if anyones been to bristol, monkton, or iroquois. didnt know whats in them or where to go on them. love to jig perch and want to set up a few tip-ups.
thanks,
                            Billy D

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: looking for some info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:37 PM »
Waterbury res comes to my mind.

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:38 PM »
ive never gotten anything but dink perch at waterbury, but doesnt mean they arent there. Thought monkton pond had a good bite earlier in the season

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:47 PM »
It seems to me that Waterbury is where everyone sends anyone looking for info to get them out of the spots the fish are really biting.  Haha  Any way I happen to know this fella that is looking for some info and he lives close to Waterbury and we have spent plenty of hours ripping Smelt there.   Anyone that has any helpful info please feel free to share with him.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Goose I don't steer folks to dead holes. You said yourself you spend many hours there. If you find me unhelpful you have the option to block my posts. Good day!

Offline Billy Dance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:12 PM »
thanks goose,
just cuz it says rookie on my posts the nickname Billy Dance has its own meaning.  I have my own spots and im taking out some kids that live in that area, want to show them what the sport is all about.  any good info would be nice.
 thanks

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Take them to YOUR spot then.

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:19 PM »
I wasn't entirely directing that toward you just saying it seems like when someone on here is looking for some help they are almost always sent to Waterbury.  Trust me by no means will I give away my honey holes but I'm not afraid to point people in the right direction.  If he was asking to fish the "Central" VT area Id understand why someone would recommend Waterbury but he clearly stated a few places well over 30min away form the Waterbury area.  That would lead me to believe that he wanted to fish one of those places for a reason......

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Guess I read it wrong. Close to Richmond. Waterbury is as close as Monkton.

Offline fishermarsh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Monkton pond has perch, crappie and sunnies.  There are lots of pike in there too to keep the flags popping.  Mostly small pike, but you'll get a nice one every now and again.  Never had much luck through the ice with them, but there are some really nice bass in that pond.  Bristol also has lots of small pike and is a beautiful spot to fish.  Caught a bunch of pickerel and a few nice perch out of Iroquois earlier this year.  Haven't fished Waterbury in almost 20 years but I hear the smelt fishing was good last year??  I wouldn't plan on eating any of the pan fish from these ponds, they have those little white grub things in them.  They're harmless and I hear people do eat them but its not very appetizing to me.

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Take them to YOUR spot then.
yikes!
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.