The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait shop near Brattleboro  (Read 765 times)

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bait shop near Brattleboro
« on: Jan 25, 2012, 08:14 AM »
I'm heading down south for a family function and thought I'd fish the Meadows.  Can somebody tell me where there's a good bait shop in the
Brattleboro area?  I'll be coming down on I-91 so anything north of Brat would work.  Thanks for any help.
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bait shop near Brattleboro
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:19 AM »
NM, I found the F & W list.  One in Springfield will prolly work.
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline vtfish32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:05 PM »
springwater bait &tackle in brattleboro.past memorial park up the hill 1/2 mile on the left.
Nothing like walking on water!!!

Offline dkillay64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2012, 10:25 PM »
springwater bait &tackle in brattleboro.past memorial park up the hill 1/2 mile on the left.
x2... a lot less of a drive than springfield

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:00 AM »

I didn't see that one listed.  Memorial Park is where all the softball fields are, right?  I haven't
been down there in a while.

While I'm at it, any advice on whether to fish Retreat or Cersosimo?  I've never fished either one. 

I lived down there when I was young.  I live in Northern VT now, so I'm not trying to steal a fishing spot.

Just gonna fish one morning.  Hoping to jig up some perch/panfish and maybe a few tipups for pike. 

I'm guessing both spots should hold perch, gills, bass, and northerns.
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline leebo2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:56 PM »
take exit 2 southbound, turn right of ramp, go about a 1/4 mile, turn left onto a 1 lane bridge, go acroos the bridge and up the hill about 1/2mi and the shop will be right there on you left,very nice people, i have never fished the meadows before but i hear that near the ledges is a pretty good spot. I have alot of friends that fish these areas, there was a nice pike taken out of there last year, i want to say it was around 46" good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.