The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: PB Pike  (Read 10477 times)

Offline baitbig

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • bigbait
Re: PB Pike
« Reply #90 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:32 PM »
WOW that is amazing.  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :bow:

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #91 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Capt i really dont care to get into it with you man. But at no point did i say to give the exact location. Simply mention it was caught "out of state"..

And there have been plenty of false reports on ice conditions. And I have pointed them out in those threads.

And Munich - Pot, Kettle much?

Anyway im not going to reply on this topic again.. I got what i needed to off my chest.

To the people messaging me in support, its much appreciated. And as always, if you need any info regarding Central MA im always willing to help out.

Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:51 PM »
Cept they weren't caught in MA     ???
;D wow  ;D How do you know they were not caught in mass?Is it because when you PM'd me and i told you the truth that they were not? ;D Did it bother you that i did not tell you what state even though you did not ask? ;D I did not know there was a rule that you had to tell the state they were caught in  ;D So there is a 5 year running joke about pike in browning pond and my post is  misleading because i did not name the state ;D Sorry if i misled anybody into pike fishing Mass  ;D  I did a post on CT Fisherman and New England Fishing.Net and said they were CT pike so i guess i did a better job posting over there  ;) Dude you need to go out and catch some fish ;D You want to go pike fishing in CONNECTICUT with me? ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Pats lives right down the road from me and is one of the nicest guys around. He lives in MA so he shares his catches with the guys in MA. For those of you that went to NH early this season, did you post in the NH forums? No, you posted here because that's where your friends are.
Thanks Mark  ;)

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Well I ve fish with both Pat and Seth there NICE GUYS and dieheart  pike fisheman.
 Captain shy is 100% correct. Congrats on the fish
and enjoy,just leave me the thirty.@) @) @)
Shut up Dan  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Karl. don't lock this up please  ;D all in fun ;D

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #96 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:07 PM »
4 posts in a row? That's spamming.  ;D

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:28 PM »
4 posts in a row? That's spamming.  ;D
Ya i'm slow today i just got off the ice  ;D Seth got some giants today ;D He wouldn't tell me what state though ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a fishahaulic!
« Reply #98 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Must be the camo but I spent all day on Browning and did not see him  ???

Offline Poot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:30 PM »
I'm getting a chuckle out of this post and the reaction. Obviously PATS and Seth have put in some serious time over the years to find these beasts. Who the hell cares what state they caught them in. I want to see them regardless.

Keep the pictures coming guys! Impressive stuff  :clap:

It's all ball bearings these days......

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I think were gonna need a bigger hole !
« Reply #100 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:33 PM »
I'm getting a chuckle out of this post and the reaction. Obviously PATS and Seth have put in some serious time over the years to find these beasts. Who the hell cares what state they caught them in. I want to see them regardless.

Keep the pictures coming guys! Impressive stuff  :clap:

x2

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:43 PM »
;D wow  ;D How do you know they were not caught in mass?Is it because when you PM'd me and i told you the truth that they were not? ;D Did it bother you that i did not tell you what state even though you did not ask? ;D I did not know there was a rule that you had to tell the state they were caught in  ;D So there is a 5 year running joke about pike in browning pond and my post is  misleading because i did not name the state ;D Sorry if i misled anybody into pike fishing Mass  ;D  I did a post on CT Fisherman and New England Fishing.Net and said they were CT pike so i guess i did a better job posting over there  ;) Dude you need to go out and catch some fish ;D You want to go pike fishing in CONNECTICUT with me? ;D ;D ;D

Pats, last year when I was new to the board and it was the first year I've ice fished since I was 14 I PM'ed a few of you including pikeking, pike bait, FNE asking for tips for catching pike including leaders, bait size, dead or alive bait, etc and got some good tips and info and I just wanted to say thanks and show this board can and is a helpful place for tips and other info. I know some guys dont want to give up their spots and thats understandable. There is no need for anyone to get bent out of shape. I second what pootdigity said keep the pics coming. It's good to see these impressive fish and good to hear they are being released for others to catch and to reproduce.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #102 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Pats, last year when I was new to the board and it was the first year I've ice fished since I was 14 I PM'ed a few of you including pikeking, pike bait, FNE asking for tips for catching pike including leaders, bait size, dead or alive bait, etc and got some good tips and info and I just wanted to say thanks and show this board can and is a helpful place for tips and other info. I know some guys dont want to give up their spots and thats understandable. There is no need for anyone to get bent out of shape. I second what pootdigity said keep the pics coming. It's good to see these impressive fish and good to hear they are being released for others to catch and to reproduce.

Before anyone else says it, I don't know JACK about catching pike. I just fish for years with my flags glued down!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Thank you sir and your welcome PM me anytime ;)

Offline JFeen82

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:53 PM »
Before anyone else says it, I don't know JACK about catching pike. I just fish for years with my flags glued down!!  ;D ;D ;D

Mark it may have taken you years to do but you are an expert now.

Thank you sir and your welcome PM me anytime ;)

Thank you!

Offline mr.bass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Jan 25, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Those are some great pike! Before you put it back in you told it to go over to my tipup too right. ;D
Flag up oops it went back down.

Offline minnow1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:10 PM »
The bottom line is this - Thanks for putting the pictures on.  We all like to see them.  I remember getting a lot of crap when I caught my big one and a lot of support as well.  Maybe he should change his username and nobody would know where he got them.  I take that back, keep doing what you are doing and who cares what anyone thinks.    Oh yeah, and if you can't figure out what ponds are for trout and what are for pike, maybe you shouldn't be fishing at all. 

Keep the big ones coming boys.

Offline chadroc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:12 PM »
good idea.  the angler formerly known as pats has a nice ring. 
if the trout are lost, smash the state.

Offline Crappie MAster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch More and Bigger Fish Through the Ice!!
« Reply #108 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:21 PM »
An amazing day on the ice  :o  Congrats on the monsters!!
El Loco

I practice catch & release in freshwater and fillet & release in saltwater.

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Jan 25, 2012, 05:52 PM »
awesome fish pats!! what do i have to do to go fishing with you? i need to update my pic on my profile... but really is it that big a deal it wasnt caught in ma and he didnt state that. if it were caught here u would still have no idea where so why would it matter...
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline PIKEKILLER1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #110 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:05 PM »
LMAO ;D

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #111 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:14 PM »
I wasn't posting to crap on the guy or his catch. But alot of people were lead to believe that was caught here in MA. People should really state if it was caught out of state at the very least when they post.

It seems like this year more than any, that a lot of deliberate false information is being spewed on the forums. To the point now where I don't trust anything posted, except from a select few. The Browning Pond post is a great example (the same guy referenced Pats Pike was caught at Browning). I have also seen ice reports, just to check the ponds myself and find the exact opposite. Reports that could put peoples lives in danger... People come here to learn and get useful information. I would hate to see harm come to a person who went to Browning to catch a pike cause someone said they were there on 6 in of ice and got one. When in actuality its a trout pond and the ice is VERY unsafe...

Im sure there are lurkers, but for every lurker we deter by giving false information there is possibly a potential new member that uses that information and has a bad experience.
There really are a very few people on this site with useful information. There are so many more that are out to just deceive people to keep their spots secret that its ruining the purpose of this site.. I just hope that someone doesn't get hurt when using some of this false information.

It sucks seeing the integrity of this site being butchered..

Just to clarify, Pats, this is not directed at you in any way. Everything ive heard says your a stand up guy. Congrats on your catch.

I was going to take the high road on this and not respond, but if someone is going to go out on a pond this year without checking the ice because the read about a fish being caught online, then they truly need to get thier heads checked.
I have more to say, but I do not want to butcher the integrity of an Ice Fishing Message Board.
, , ,

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #112 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:15 PM »
I was going to take the high road on this and not respond, but if someone is going to go out on a pond this year without checking the ice because the read about a fish being caught online, then they truly need to get thier heads checked.
I have more to say, but I do not want to butcher the integrity of an Ice Fishing Message Board.

And by the way.. the picture in the middle below is my son with a pike out of a certain pond in spencer....
, , ,

Offline deadbait dave

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((((((((((((((((((((o>
« Reply #113 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:17 PM »
nice fish pats.....great release!

dbd  :tipup:
trout make big pike fat and happy!

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #114 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:53 PM »
Are kidding me. What a day :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot:
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #115 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Funny stuff.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #117 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Wow that's a monster congrats Pats you always put your time in. Soon gonna see ya with the state record or what!! :clap: :clap:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline jonserfish1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Jan 26, 2012, 04:28 AM »
Wow that's a monster congrats Pats you always put your time in. Soon gonna see ya with the state record or what!! :clap: :clap:
Seems inevitable

Offline GRIZZZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Pats, between you Dan South and maybe Seth jockying for third place, you sir are the "Pike King" @)  Congrats on your PB!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.