The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: stolen gear Brookes Lake by Newago  (Read 5797 times)

Offline Johncsmith711

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: stolen gear Brookes Lake by Newago
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Did they check with DNR if the name and address was not on the shanty the would have taken it. I'm new to Is and have to say you guys are awsome!

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:45 AM »
sbooy and portage, I have a call into Frabill,soon as I hear something from them,I will get with you both on your offers of a shanty,,Thanks you both for the offer..... JT

Offline tannersmith

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:35 PM »
WOW, I just got home from school and read all these post.  I am overwhelmed by all the nice things you have offered and are willing to send.  I had a hard time in church praying for these guys who stole all our stuff.  I told my Dad & Mom that it is like these guys go and steal from us, which was so bad. And then all these other great people step forward, and with out even knowing me show so much about giving.  I hope that some day I can make a difference to someone like you have to me.  I am SO EXCITED to get back out there and fish.  Thank you, Tanner :)

if you need my address, you can email my Mom or get ahold of JT.  You guys are amazing!

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Hey tanner,good to see ya on.We all know how hard it is to just get these thing in the first place and when someone decides they should steal what isnt theres.They really dont care how it affects anyone.Well brother, we cant replace what you had,but we can make it a little easier for you to be better with it.We all have the abillity to recover,but the lasting affect never truely leaves us.Just know that the love we all have for the sport and each other will always outway the bad things that happen.It is awesome to hear you have been asking our lord,to help the poor souls that took your things.That is what it this is all about,not us,,,but them,the ones that truely need our help.We also say a prayer, for our lord to help them see the harm this causes so many and we also thank the lord for bringing you to us.As these are the things that bring people together and make men who they will become in ther life.
 Enjoy the things that are on there way to you and never forget not only family but perfect strangers need love too...JT

Offline michiganoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:32 PM »
WOW, I just got home from school and read all these post.  I am overwhelmed by all the nice things you have offered and are willing to send.  I had a hard time in church praying for these guys who stole all our stuff.  I told my Dad & Mom that it is like these guys go and steal from us, which was so bad. And then all these other great people step forward, and with out even knowing me show so much about giving.  I hope that some day I can make a difference to someone like you have to me.  I am SO EXCITED to get back out there and fish.  Thank you, Tanner :)

if you need my address, you can email my Mom or get ahold of JT.  You guys are amazing!

You are an awesome individual. I too would have a hard time praying for those guys if they stole my stuff! Sorry that this happened to you, I would give but I'm only 18 and still in high school. To all the I.S members, you guys rock! Thanks for helping the young fella out. By far the most helpful/giving/friendly forum on the internet!
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2012, 06:59 PM »
I truly concur with Hoosiers last past. Thanks Hoosier for spearheading this, and Tanner, chin up, these thieves are the exception in our sport, not the rule. You are brave to pray for these guys, and my hat off to you!

Offline tippy269

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2012, 09:05 PM »
Love to help out..what else is needed?

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2012, 05:52 AM »
Here is what I need, Portageredneck has donated a clam jr.to this cause.He can take it as far as New Buffalo.I need transportation from there to about mid way between kalamazoo and grand rapids.. PM me with your number if you can help. I think Saturday or Sunday would work best..  Thank you all.... JT

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2012, 06:43 AM »
Wow a relay race!  That's awesome.  I wish I was on that side. 

Offline Chaddar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:19 AM »
All,

I'm based out of Grand Rapids, and will be up fishing in Newaygo on 02/03.  Please send a PM to Hoosier, so he can make arrangement for me to bring stuff up to Tanner.  Hoosier has my cell, and I can drive down to the 131 and I-94 area for pick up, if that works for everyone. 

Thanks, Chaddar

Offline hunter19301

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Guys, you are awesome for stepping forward to help a fellow young sportsman get back out there.  Makes me proud to be a part of this site!! 
I didn't have any gear that I thought he could use but did send him a little surprise from Cabela's!!  I'm thinking he can pick out some new gear to help him and his dad get back on the ice!!

Bless you all !!!

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:30 AM »
OK HOOSIER.. Get out your spreadsheet. I'm in Three Rivers, halfway between everything. I am out of town for the weekend until Tue 31..There isn't any ice to go fishing, I'm retired, (no job), I'm willing to get in on the relay if it will fit in my Impala. My old truck has to stay close to home..

Offline iluvgillz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:09 PM »
I can help with the shack, as I am just south of Kzoo. Let me know when and where.

Offline live2huntfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:13 PM »
what a terrible thing. i fish that lake often and i wish i would of seen whoever took that stuff. normally i find great people out there when ive been there and it makes me sick to know i could of been fishing next to thieves. hopefully word spreads in that small community and these folks get there stuff back!

Offline Johncsmith711

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Just a thought did they make sure DNR didn't take it? No name and address and they will take it? Worth a call if you can have the tackle box back.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:12 AM »
The DNR monitor this site, sure they would have mentioned something by now.

Offline Johncsmith711

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:46 AM »
I'm sure they do, but it took them 4 days to get back to me about someone fish poaching..... so you never know?

Offline tannersmith

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Hi Guys,

This is Tanner's Mom.  We are humbled by all of you and your willingness to lift Tanner's spirit and restore his faith in people.  He has received a few packages in the mail and this is way above and beyond.  When we posted the add on Craigslist it was merely in hopes of maybe someone seeing some of the stuff, etc.  We NEVER expected all these wonderful Sportsman to rally around a young man and make such an impression with him.  This will be an incredible memory he will carry with him for the rest of his life.  He will be that man someday that Pay's it forward, more now that ever,   

As far as the DNR, we did call, we spoke with a very nice officer and yes, we had our info on the shanty as well as tip up's.   We also called and spoke with Newaygo State Police.  I even double checked with the DNR this morning on the off chance something had been found.

Thank you again.

Blessings,

The Smith Family

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:12 AM »
I`m getting places to start and finish this shanty drop..I`ll get a post up as soon as I hear from Portage and the Tanner family for a good day to do this,,Hopely this Sat is good so we can get this to him.JT

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:57 AM »
next sat works for me jt...don

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Awesome Don,Thanks. I got an PM from Tanner saying they might be able to drive and meet you there.Let me hear from them and I will give him your number so you all can work out the details..  JT

Offline woody63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:26 AM »
I live only 5 minutes from Brooks Lake,,,I have a frabill shanty I used only 2 times and upgraded to a fish trap,,the young man can have my shanty and I also have way too many ice poles. I was helped out once from a bad situation when my stuff was returned after it fell off the quad. We cant have a nice young man like this get a bad taste about the outdoors,,,we need more young people to do the outdoor stuff instead of video games and the like. I can be reached by cell 616-813-5231   glad to help out another sportsman,,,as they say what comes around goes around.
Woody
You cant have everything,,,where would you put it

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:55 AM »
WTG Woody!

Offline jasonmichalski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:37 PM »
tar and feather the people who do this sort of thing.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #54 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:51 PM »
what all else is needed? I got some jigs and probably some rods that can be sent. Also little tackle totes
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:46 PM »
if you want to go with woody" offer that is fine just let me know maybe ill put it on c-list

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Woody,let me know when Tanner gets back to you.. JT

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #57 on: Feb 01, 2012, 12:50 PM »
Hey JT, can you pm me Tanners address so I can send some stuff his way? Thanks!
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline woody63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Tanner is all set with a shanty,he and his mother is going to meet me at work Friday. What a great thing for this young man,,,1 bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bushel. By the time this is done the kid will have more equipment than any of us,,,but that is O K . What a great thing,fellow sportsman help-in a brother out. Tanner there really is a ton of good people out there,don't let some poor soul ruin your outlook of all sportsman and by reading your posts I think you will use this as a positive not a negative. It sounds like you were raised with the right values. I am sure your family is very proud how you handled this,praying for the same people that stole your gear,, I know a lot of fellow sportsman are. Good luck and tight lines
Woody
You cant have everything,,,where would you put it

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 01, 2012, 04:40 PM »
If someone will PM me the address, I will send them some Iceaholics Anonymous hats, and some Cold Snap, and StrikeMaster goodies.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.