Author Topic: TOURNAMENTS / DERBIES  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
TOURNAMENTS / DERBIES
« on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:10 AM »
If anyone has a trny/derby/event they would like listed. Send Muskyon46  a pm with ALL the details and he will list it here. ALL Trnys/Derbys/Events must be approved. This thread will be locked.. THANKS JT

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: TOURNAMENTS / DERBIES
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2017, 03:47 PM »
2018 Burbot Bash which will be held on January 26th - January 28th, 2018. Watch for more details!!

Derbies generate quite the buzz in the angling community. To date, derbies on Flaming Gorge Reservoir have removed over 29,000 burbot. Derby participants travel from across the western United States and even a few from the eastern part of the country.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Burbot Classic out of Buckboard

Saturday February 3rd 8am till Sunday February 4th 8am

More information can be found here

https://www.burbotclassic.com/

Or contact Rock Springs chamber of commerce:  307-362-3771   or Buckboard Marina 307-875-6927 for information.

if you catch your bag limit of lake trout on Saturday, you may have them weighted up until sunset. Only one weigh in per entrant, this being to eliminate a lot of two day cataloging.  Remember only 8 lakers all under 28 inches.   Lake trout and ling contests run together with the interest being to day fish the lake trout on Saturday ( and very early Sunday morning) and the ling on Saturday night. Six rods may be used on the ice only and only two lines from the shore or boats.

Bring your kids on Sunday. Kids that are 13 and under for the free fishing contest on Sunday, again from 10 until noon, game and fish supply rods and bait, and I got hooked into running my junky-jiffy unless one of our wonderful IceShanty brothers would like to help out with the holes.  Ice being what it is, shouldn't take too much, Maybe we use the spud. We usually drill a dozen holes for half a dozen kids. Last years lucky kid got a hundred dollars for a 14 inch rainbow.

I picked up the best prizes from our favorite large sporting goods store (and at 25 other businesses ) through the week and today.   Eskimo hub shelter, eskimo 43 cc 8"  auger, jet sled, tip ups, a whole bucket of smaller rods and reels, including a pink one. Ice cleats ice dippers and misc. prizes.  Hopefully Misty the store manager will attend for the awards if not Adam, the fishing department manager will be there.

Now for the trivia part.  About seven years ago the first prize tagged fish worth $10,000 was caught.  He swam 10 miles in under two weeks.  There are 1,000 tagged burbot in Flaming Gorge. Our 50 tagged fish for this year were tagged and have been swimming for a number of days now.

Be sure to register either on line, see the burbot classic link on the events and derbies post, or at the Rock Springs or Green River chamber's of commerce. It looks like ice will be available at Buckboard by the time the event arrives.  Times:  8 am Saturday til 10 pm Sunday. Awards/prizes noon on Sunday. Free fish fry is at 9 am Sunday.

I can answer  basic questions, and will do research on ice next week on Wednesday or Thursday.  Basic question number one, a 3/8 ounce green chartruse jig head with a luminescent green tube probably 3 inch tipped with sucker meat.  Second question, Later in the week I will check the ice by by Buckboard Marina (which will probably be the extent of the ice barring a real deep freeze).

Motels in Rock Springs and Green River are open for you, also food and sporting goods and bait in both towns. Buck board  Marina also has supplies and is the location for this exciting event.

WYIfish Dave Freeman

Link below loads a little slow. It has some interesting how to catch on the burbot and the pup lakers.

https://www.burbotclassic.com/

http://lakeice.squarespace.com/pressure-ridges/      A great read on pressure ridges, and all about the science of ice.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 01:33 PM »
NAIFC tourney at Hebgan lake January 12-14

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Welcome Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby. They will be sponsoring the UT ID and WY boards.
For more than 30 years, the Kemmerer Lions Club has hosted its Annual Ice Fishing Derby. All proceeds from the Derby go to support Kemmerer Lions Club causes and projects.
http://kemmererlionsclub.org/ice-fishing-derby

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
https://form.jotform.co/80148326624859

The 34th Annual Kemmerer Lions Club Ice Fishing Derby - Feb. 17th & 18th, 2018

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.