Author Topic: Hatch pond.  (Read 1027 times)

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
Hatch pond.
« on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:11 PM »
Will there be any ice on friday? what thickness is there now?
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline fishjunkie29

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Workin for the man, fishin when I can
Re: Hatch pond.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:14 PM »
2 inches as of monday. I walked out 10ft then got sketched out. didnt want to drive home wet. should be good by this weekend after tonights low temps.

Offline fishjunkie29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:15 PM »
forgot to say there was some open water by the boat launch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:39 PM »
so im gonna guess friday is all set to go?
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline fishjunkie29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:42 PM »
yea if not if you go up to macedonia state park and drive up to the pond in there, ( i think its called hilltop) . that had 3.5 monday. i think hatch will be good though.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:46 PM »
thanks very much..bringing out a group of newbies...dont wanna show up with un safe (less than 4 inches) of ice! do u know where the perch are caught there?

Offline fishjunkie29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:06 PM »
at hatch i usually find them opposite the side of train tracks from the weed line out to the middle. hilltop pond is pretty unfamiliar to me only fished it a handful of times in the summer. i know it holds the "usual suspects" of fish. good luck and safe fishing, let me know how you make out.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2012, 06:21 PM »
once again thank you!

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Im hoping to jot hatch or Leonard this weekend. Haven't had time to check the ice so let me know how it is! Thanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:38 AM »
Change of plans...ill be heading out this Saturday instead, according to the weather report of this week the ice should be more than safe.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:10 PM »
i just checked the weather report again...i must have been blind....the past two days have been in the high forties and low twenties at night...will there be safe ice on Hatch for Saturday?

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:30 PM »
I may have a chance to check it tonight. If not, ill check it tomorrow night.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2012, 02:49 PM »
thanks!

Offline Squirtx16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:50 PM »
heading out on saturday not sure if hatch or mt tom. probably both...

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Good luck Squirt, ill be alittle bit down the road of mt. tom with the gang if ya want to visit.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Squirt, ill be heading to Hatch on Saturday as well, hope to see ya there! This of course depends on the very nice guy who is checking the ice for us..maddbmxjumper! :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:39 PM »
ill be up there at around 2:30

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:31 PM »
pm'ed you psycho

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:44 PM »
ill set out... the 3.5 inches should grow to a safe 4 inches

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.