Author Topic: Rocking Chair  (Read 930 times)

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
Rocking Chair
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:17 PM »
The best part of the day was no real wind to speak of.  None until around noon and then only typical stuff.

On the ice at oh-dark-hundred and caught 1 slimer when we left at oh-dark thirty.  Yup.  Saw two pike of decent size and maybe ten trout all day.  Nearly 12 hours of fishing for 1 slimer released.   :-\ :'(  Moved three times.  Not our day/location/year.

And who was the guy that posted today looking for tips on 11 Mile?  Please send them to me too!!   :P  Actually, I think I'm done checking out the south shore this year.

That's fishing.  All in all a great way to spend MLK Day. 

Offline HDSIV

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rocking Chair
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:36 PM »
A bad day of fishing always beats any day at work:)
Keep trying :)

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:52 PM »
I feel your pain! I didn't make it out Monday,too much to do. But hey,I caught seven trout and one pike Saturday, only to catch one ten inch trout Sunday.And I only caught that to beat the skunk.
Besides the fact that I marked fifteen fish that day and that was the only hit I had. Two weeks ago I thought we were getting into a pattern like last year,which was a lot more fish. Not happening
yet and it might not. I guess my tip for the Mile is to fish somewhere else so you might catch something! ;)

Offline colorado_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Yeah coboy I'm with you.  Pretty soon I'll check out the north, as in Granby.

Or Taylor and have a chance for pike and macks....

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:11 PM »
We've done pretty sad at the mile this year too. Colorado_ don't you post on Colorado Fisherman anymore?

Offline colorado_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Hi EDB

I post very infrequently on coloradofishermen these days.  Something changed on the boards a while back - maybe it was too many catch and release arguments or too many political/religious arguments (like Donald says) of the flyfishers (I flyfish too) posting reports in their section (and not in the report section).  Kind of drove me away.  I've been on this board since 2004 and it's very consistent in attitude, respect and sharing of good information. 

By the way, I always like your reports because you just tell it like it is/was.  Good info.  I know you're hitting it hard and are a genuine good person.

Take care and thanks for asking!
_Colorado (Jerry)

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Colorado_, yeah there's alot of whiners on CF. I've gotten to know and fish though with a few people from the website. Thanks for the compliment. Always enjoy reading your posts too. We'll have to try and hook up one day at the mile. Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.