The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: HELP A BROTHER OUT  (Read 765 times)

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
HELP A BROTHER OUT
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Ive been at this ice fishing thing for over 45 years now and have almost every toy a guy needs and far more than i like to pull what I don't have is ice this is the first time the old timers can remember no ice this late in the year, so north Ill go thinking around Osh Kosh, don't need a babysit er just some good info and maybe some new Friends a day or to on the ice I just might even buy the beer   nice and warm n.central ind. thanks, send pm
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
Re: HELP A BROTHER OUT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:51 PM »
There is another guy from Indiana that posted on here and sounds like he is coming up to Wisconsin for some fishing, maybe get ahold of him and save on some costs coming up? We're driving on about 13 inches of ice here.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:55 PM »
was thinking on the week end of the 27th and i have a guy comeing with me, any info would be good but geting on the ice will be good enough fish are a plus

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:57 PM »
I live a ways from Oshkosh, but if you're interested in coming up this way I could show you a couple places I know

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Ive been at this ice fishing thing for over 45 years now and have almost every toy a guy needs and far more than i like to pull what I don't have is ice this is the first time the old timers can remember no ice this late in the year, so north Ill go thinking around Osh Kosh, don't need a babysit er just some good info and maybe some new Friends a day or to on the ice I just might even buy the beer   nice and warm n.central ind. thanks, send pm

I fished about 30 miles southwest of Oshkosh Sunday on about 6 -8 inches of ice.  If you want driving ice you may need to head further north like GB or further.  From what I read Oshkosh area is currently 8 inches or so for ice.  By weekend it may be up to 10".  What species of fish are you after?
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:07 PM »
We have driveable ice up here

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2012, 05:34 AM »
thanks, we havent had ice to drive on oh say the 1960s, as for type of fish whatever is biteing we dont have many walleyes here and no white fish gills and perch we do have, its all good and ill have a plan by tihs weekend on the ice by the  next will send a pm if thats ok  thanks much  brad griffis.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.