Author Topic: Snowmobiles  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Snowmobiles
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Just wondering what other peoples sleds look like to get in on those hard to get lakes. This is what mine looks like. I just picked it up a few weeks ago.

Offline ram3432

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Snowmobiles
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Nice sled how do you like it. I dont have a sled sold them last spring I am kinda regretting it now. Hoping to find something similar to what you got.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:09 PM »
thats one big ol girl. twice the size of the black dragon and its big 114" track ;) ;)
the rear rack looks huge.

-anyone ever test a coil for a snowmobile- resistance test? no spark on the black dragon so today i removed the coil,tested across two wires and its open- i was thinking there should be some kind of ohms- like 100 or something??
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Nice sled how do you like it. I dont have a sled sold them last spring I am kinda regretting it now. Hoping to find something similar to what you got.
I love it. It goes through 5 feet of snow no problem and never got stuck. The only thing that I can complain about is the turning radius it roughly needs 40 acres to turn it around as the sled from ski tip to the rear rack is 11 1/2' long.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Bill,  We had those sleds at my work,  I think we had the 440's   great sleds,  a bit heavy,  so keep 'er pinned in the sketchy stuff.    Maybe pack a come-a-long  just in case,   What size track is that?   Does it have reverse?     ;D   why does it look like your camera lens has vaseline on it?  its all blurry     :-\

I got 4 sleds,  2 -1988 Orange hood Tundras,  1- 1994 Tundra II,  and a 2003 Yammy VK540 III,  The Tundra II is getting new ski-skins and Carbides today. The VK is a real work horse,  Hi/Low range,  Elec start,  Reverse,   huge seat that can carry 3 people easy,  the seat is also the highest off the ground I have ever experienced,    flip up seat for huge storage of extra parts (coil, spark plugs, pull rope, chainsaw chain, extra 2 stroke oil, and a few ice fishing rods)   huge back rack like Bills for 2 buckets.    I just put new ski skins and carbides on him this year,   His name is Thor.   the track is big too   156 X 20 wide.   Here is a pic

Ian,  I am a small engine mechanic too,   does the dragon have a CDI or points?   Yes there is an OHMS test you can do.   WHATS IT WORTH TO YOU?

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Here's mine. 2008 Yamaha RS Venture GT. 
Being a 4 stroke it gets great mileage, is heavy but with 1000cc's she goes like a raped ape!!!!  ;D

Offline dukes69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:22 PM »
I coulda used one of those today,  walking 3km  to get to my fishing spot isn't much fun ;D   nice sleds guys :thumbsup: 
2012 Burbot 1st place
2015 Burbot 1st place
2016 Lake Trout 1st place
2017 Burbot 3rd place
2018 Lake Trout 3rd place

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:30 PM »
I coulda used one of those today,  walking 3km  to get to my fishing spot isn't much fun ;D   nice sleds guys :thumbsup:

I'm not against letting you use one of my 1988 Tundra's  it's a great back country sled    :)   but you got to tell me all your fishing secrets

Offline wannabebrookiebasher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:03 PM »
and whats a 1988 tundra worth ???

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:37 PM »
its a cdi-think it has coil/cdi all one unit.. never tested a snowmobile coil- would like to compare it to another one of same kind. mite look into it one of these days... just feel like hibernating when its this cold. ;D

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:50 PM »
I've never seen a CDI/coil combo on a sled,  only on an outboard,    Coils are cheap, I replaced the one on the Tundra at christmas,   30 bucks,   Talk to Kim at KK motors

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Bill,  We had those sleds at my work,  I think we had the 440's   great sleds,  a bit heavy,  so keep 'er pinned in the sketchy stuff.    Maybe pack a come-a-long  just in case,   What size track is that?   Does it have reverse?     ;D   
It's a 156 x 20 track like yours and yes it has reverse and a good thing.

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:38 AM »
ya ill bring the coil into kk motors this week and see if they have any kicking around- they have been pretty good about having stuff around the shop or can get something in quick for me in the past..

looks like you guys both some some big ol work horses, eager to be loaded up with gear in search of monster lakers and bows..
-if i get the black dragon goin would anyone be willing to rent some rooms/cabins at sheridan lake for a weekend and make a roadtrip down there in search of some monster bows and brookies??

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:43 AM »
so bill what are you going to name this green bearcat, laker hunter of yours?

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2012, 01:03 AM »

-if i get the black dragon goin would anyone be willing to rent some rooms/cabins at sheridan lake for a weekend and make a roadtrip down there in search of some monster bows and brookies??

Yes, I'm down with that.   Isnt there a local derby on that lake in Feb?  we should time it during that.

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2012, 01:05 AM »

Here's my baby!!!  2011 800 E-Tec Summit X 146"...

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:13 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Here's my baby!!!  2011 800 E-Tec Summit X 146"...

Man you Mounties make all the dough!!!
Or are you on the take Phill?
   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Yes, I'm down with that.   Isnt there a local derby on that lake in Feb?  we should time it during that.

Im not sure if there is a derby there or not, but there are rainbows in there that make the ones in dragon lake look small :)

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Im not sure if there is a derby there or not, but there are rainbows in there that make the ones in dragon lake look small :)

There is a derby on there, in feb,  I posted info on it,   but I think the MOD nuked my post.   :'(       I can PM someone with the info if you like

Offline hillclimber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:21 PM »
i think the tourney your thinking of is at horse lake on feb 26. i believe sheridan has one too usually around the same time. i may head up to sheridan in feb or jan depending on my school load. if you guys want any tips for sheridan let me know via PM

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:17 PM »
i think the tourney your thinking of is at horse lake on feb 26. i believe sheridan has one too usually around the same time. i may head up to sheridan in feb or jan depending on my school load. if you guys want any tips for sheridan let me know via PM

Sheridan has some hawgs.. are they as hard or harder to catch in the winter as the summer???
I dont have good luck catching em in the summer :(

Offline hillclimber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:36 PM »
Sheridan has some hawgs.. are they as hard or harder to catch in the winter as the summer???
I dont have good luck catching em in the summer :(

I haven't fished the lake in about 3 years but I have no problem catching them in the summer (usually July) and the smallest usually 4-5lbs and my biggest was 8lbs. But I'm reeling in about one an hour. I've only done 3 trips ice fishing so I haven't really dialed in yet but the earlier in the ice season the better.

Like I said if anyone needs any tips PM me and I'm more than willing to help I just don't want it posted on the web where anyone can see.

Stefan

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:37 PM »
 here is mine 2007 Yamaha apex. It does double duty sled puller and playing in mountain meadows  ;D

Offline SLIK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2012, 02:40 AM »
just curious if anybody here has any experience with a yamaha bravo. Is it enough power to pull a sled and how is it in deeper snow.
Hockey and Icefishing...two sports that involve dropping the gloves and kicking ass

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:37 PM »
I'll try to see if I can get it working for you WBB

.....     :-\   nope   that didnt work,    let me try something else....

That didnt work either,   I think the pic is messed up in PHOTOBUCKET,  your link to the pic has "..see" after the jpeg at the end,  if you cant see the pic in photobucket,   you wont see it here.

Try this   ;D

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:44 PM »

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:41 PM »
some beauty lookin sleds!

Offline wannabebrookiebasher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2012, 10:05 AM »
try this....just bought this on monday..hoping for warmer fishing weather..gotta excuse the pictures..just trying to figure this posting pictures thing out

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:07 PM »
awesome lookin sled!

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Ian,  gimmie the specs on the black dragon,  I'll look up electric specs,  you can test pickup coil,   but it should be at 20 degrees celcuis for the ohms test.    explain more about your problem too,   no spark, sparatic spark,,  weak spark  etc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.