Author Topic: BuzzStik II Broken!!!  (Read 1622 times)

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
BuzzStik II Broken!!!
« on: Feb 04, 2005, 08:14 PM »
After one day ( total use time~ 1hour!) the damn thing doesn't work anymore and Dick's didn't have anymore when I went to exchange it today. Has anyone ever taken these apart or had a similar problem??

bitts

Re: BuzzStik II Broken!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2005, 12:26 PM »
YUP they are built very poorly.I took mine appart and reconnected the tiny tiny wires back in.It works now

Offline drjongy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2005, 12:42 PM »
The Buzz Stick is a buzz killer....junk!

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2005, 02:17 PM »
YUP they are built very poorly.I took mine appart and reconnected the tiny tiny wires back in.It works now

All i do is take the four little screws out then gently pry it apart, right?

bitts

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Rite,but you will need to solder the wires back in. They don't leave much to work with so be carefull.

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Rite,but you will need to solder the wires back in. They don't leave much to work with so be carefull.

Okay, thanks!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I bought one this year. The BUZZ part is a waste of effort. I do like the action on the rod, and the reel works great. I disassembled my "buzz" and it is now a pan fish unit. Obviously whoever designed it doesn't ice fish.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2005, 01:41 AM »
  Great idea, very poor design.  I can't count how many have been brought back to Gander broken.  I have seen them in use on the camera, & it does seem to work very well, if you can get 'em to work.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2005, 06:42 AM »
  Great idea, very poor design.  I can't count how many have been brought back to Gander broken.  I have seen them in use on the camera, & it does seem to work very well, if you can get 'em to work.

Do you happen to know who makes it? I'd like their email address to shoot them a comment or two!

iceman480

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I dont buy one cause they just dont work once your line is out deep enough they dont wiggle the lure any way.  Junk equipment.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2005, 01:31 AM »
Actually, it's made by Nature Vision, who is the same people that put out Aqua View.  They should have some contact information on their website.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.