The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: How Much Info?  (Read 3112 times)

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: How Much Info?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:00 AM »
I did not see a post like this one last season when we all had great ice for so long. It will come if we all just calm down and be ready.

I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline icedd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Seem's like everyone has lost there sense of humor anymore everything is serious.Fishing is fun ,talking about fishing should be fun, nothing wrong with busting some chop's or stretching a fish an inch or a foot let's enjoy it.While we can THERE WILL BE ICE

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:30 AM »
can you do that? If I could stretch my fish a foot there would be so much more to eat. I love to fish and love to talk fishing. Been doing it since I was very small. We have the same things in commen FISHING

Offline RAU

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:20 AM »
I'll personally tell just about everything. The lake, ice thickness, bait used, numbers, size etc. Probably wouldnt give GPS coordinates without a pm either tho.

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:09 AM »
WOW.... Byron you opened a can of worms on this one..... I for one have no problem posting anything on here.... BUT THAT BEING SAID.... I can see what people are saying about not wanting 5000 people to show up as soon as you say theres safe ice..... Also as for catching and filleting.... when the abundance of fish go down then i will stop.... until then i have every right to keep fish that i want or will eat.... just my 2 cents.....
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline eyeassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Get the Popcorn for this one lol ;D
i have no problem posting on this fourm or the other ones i belong to.  I haven done much posting on here cause i joined kinda late last year.  I dont believe in secret spots because i only fish public water, so if i know about it i am sure someone else does.  I will tell ice conditions the direction i went depth fishing and lures used.  If i catch something i will share species, legal or not, and the time of day the bite was hot.  I believe in sportsmanship so i try to be the best one i can
PRU

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2012, 02:04 PM »
game on assisin but where is the lake you be a fishing is it in the west? All I  ask not being nosey/////

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Hey, you fish with that clem guy don't ya?
yea i do,,,, along with a few others.... lol

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2012, 05:40 AM »
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwww
thinking everybody on here is havin withdrawls  cause of not being on the ice
its human nature for the trolls or lurkers to go were people post that they are catching fish thats life  but it will be worse this yr cause of not very much ice around
when it does come look out it will be a circuis on the lakes

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2012, 07:26 AM »
I’m a fanatic, I hunt fish, and trap all year long I rotate my year between what’s hot and what not fly rod, bait caster, or ice rod or whatever.  I take pride on what I do and how I do it.  This thread blew-up not because of the lack of ice and withdrawal, but because of the lack of respect by others “Sportsmen”.  If there’s no ice, I’ll run traps, or hunt, if I would like to fish, I’ll hit the river, tribs in Erie, or whatever open water.   

No one likes to be insulted, made fun of, or called names regardless of their age.  It’s all about the approach or lack thereof.  Just because someone does not give out SPECIFIC information does not make their action un-sportsmen like.  I have decades of ice fishing under my belt in order to narrow down my game.  I share plenty of information, I’m ethical, and respectful to others, I take pride in being a sportsman.  But under some of the comment I’m a slob.   

Offline Clam Sr.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:41 AM »
I agree with Snapper and Byron on this. Don't tell me I'm not a sportsman because I don't share every little tidbit of information about a body of water, ice thickness, or the like. There is no entitlement to my, or anyone elses knowledge of these things. Be happy guys take the time to post up ice reports when they do, and when they don't find alternate measures to find the information. What did you do before Iceshanty or the internet to find out if there was safe ice on a lake...

That being said, good luck to everyone this ice fishing season. Hopefully with these cold temps the next few days we can get some more ice on some lakes and ponds and we all can get out to scratch the itch!

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:44 AM »
the only probled I ever had was last yr. I dropped a pair of my best gloves in the parking lot and nobody would give em back. There were a group right behind me heading ot and they say they never saw any gloves. Yeah ok.

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:13 AM »
I agree with Byron's  initial post.    Feel free to post as much or as little info as you  want.   Feel free to ask for more info.   

Send  a PM or reply to a PM  if you want.

I  watch this  site more so early in the season, just to see where the ice is safe.    The Ice Shanty  board is a  group of guys that share  info with each other.

---- but  once  we have good ice and everyone has been fishing for a while,  I rely on a tighter circle of  friends.  Post to the board   get replaced  with txts  to individual buddies  about  places.   

I might make a general post   on the shanty  like --- I went  to  lily lake and I got some perch.   My "buds"  would get a text   that would say -- "guys -- you got to get up here to lily.   pink  jigs   w spikes  @ 15 feet.   

That kind of detailed  info is reserved  for my  closer compadres.  Isnt everyone like that ?

Offline Drill4gills

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fast is not enough it's gotta be QUIET
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2012, 11:15 AM »
yup i been through this , one of the guys last spring pm'd me and complaned about me posting that they were fishing the spillway hot and heavy for walleyes , well he says to me couldn't you have waited a couple of weeks to give the locals a chance before you posted this in the thread , well  evidently he wasn't paying attention because the locals had been fishing for weeeeeks prior to my post from the info garnerd from a local the day i posted the info . SO I AM FREE TO POST WHATEVER I DANG WELL PLEASE AND IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE INFO GO TO SOMEONE ELSES POSTS AND DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: ;D :roflmao:

Offline Drill4gills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 13, 2012, 11:17 AM »
maybe i should have been a little more subtle

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 13, 2012, 03:14 PM »
sounded pretty subtle to m e

Offline eyeassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:44 PM »
game on assisin but where is the lake you be a fishing is it in the west? All I  ask not being nosey/////
I fish pymi and cross creek for the most part.  I also will hit canosburg, and arthur.  I hope noone took my sportsman comment the wrong way.  I am not saying that people who do not share info are not sportsman.  I have met quite a few ppl on the streams lakes and ice, some of these ppl dont post much information on the net but have helped me out big time in person. 
PRU

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #47 on: Jan 13, 2012, 04:50 PM »
its p/m p/m p/m p/m until oh well you get busted :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:12 PM »
The topic of this thread made it seem interesting,  but it seems like  a lot of folks on this thread   are a little - ummmmm --    hot headed ?

I think that the lack of ice has everybody ticked off :-)

Offline charlijones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 14, 2012, 02:40 AM »
Here's HOT HEADED for yah, Get out and FISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 14, 2012, 05:46 AM »
Here's HOT HEADED for yah, Get out and FISH!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote

you are almost  ready, grasshopper.   you just need a little more patience  :)

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 14, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I'll say this.. Some of the behavior, language, and posts on the forum this year have been absolutely unacceptable. I mean, I know many of us are starved for ice this year, but we are still adults here. Seriously, if you don't want to give your secret spot away, or give out information to people who are asking, THEN DON'T. Keep your mouth shut, and go about your business, rather than posting rants and personal attacks.

Personally, I'd like to get as many people as possible involved in the sport of fishing. I worked in the Lodge at Dicks Sporting Goods back in my summer job days, and I loved helping people out, and telling them where to go and what to use. Now, I'm not gonna give them the exact location of my secret spots, but I may tell them what body of water to go to, what bait/ lure I've had luck on lately, and maybe directions to some access.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #52 on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:39 AM »
its p/m p/m p/m p/m until oh well you get busted :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
GOD BLESS
mo
busted  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  missed a p/m
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Drill4gills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:20 PM »
does that make you first loser mo  ;D or just to slow on the pm gett'n

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:55 PM »
here is the info for my boyz who teated meso good.....gills/ frost/ mo/ and few others. Pyme ice was looking great early 2 inches of pure black and strong ice. Could not get on the good stuff. West end. But did hit some docks =nothing bit. Drilled a few holes 25 yrds out in  a bay 4 hits in 7 ft water. only good thing was it was fishing///// with my ice buddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.