The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Long weekend trip?  (Read 482 times)

Offline mr.bass

• Team IceShanty Regular
Long weekend trip?
« on: Jan 10, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Hi i live in central mass and I was wondering if there was any ice around the general area of Tunbridge (Or anywhere)?  ??? No ice down here and with the long weekend coming up I thought it might be a good opportunity. Thanks and tight lines.
Flag up oops it went back down.

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Long weekend trip?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2012, 04:36 PM »
lake fairlee, lake morey are close but don't know ice conditions. Chittenden Res. and lake Dunmore are reasonable distance. Lake Dunmore has good ice and a big variety of species. Good luck

Offline mr.bass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Thanks I appreciate the info. Just out of curiosity how deep are these lakes and what kind of species to target.
Flag up oops it went back down.

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:39 PM »
im not sure on the depths but lake fairlee has brown and rainbow trout,perch,smelt,pike,pickerel, panfish,crappie,bass. lake morey has perch,pike,pickerel, panfish,bass, crappie. Chittenden Res. has perch, walleye,bass, panfish and lake Dunmore has pretty much everything except brown trout, walleye and pickerel

Offline finnie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Fairlee goes down to 40 (50 in one spot.). Ive grown up on that lake, my favorite lake of all time!
In it to win it!

Offline swamp puppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:36 PM »
lake Dunmore is well frozen on the south end. the north end is still open water but you cant fish the north end yet anyway because trout season hasn't opened yet. Dunmore has perch, sunfish, large mouth and small mouth bass (season is still closed for them as well as trout), smelt, rock bass, northern pike, rainbow trout, salmon, lake trout and in the past few years brown trout, channel catfish, and walleye have been caught out of it but in very small numbers. the south end of the lake is muddy and weedy and usually 6-9 feet deep with a few holes reaching 20 at the most. the north end reaches 103 feet deep and has weeds, rocks, sandy bottoms, and muddy bottoms. pm if you have any questions about fishing it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.