New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: fishing on canadarago lake  (Read 82803 times)

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: fishing on canadarago lake
« Reply #90 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:36 AM »
You wont be disappointed....    ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #91 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Brutal wind on Cando today.  Fished with a local Murderer's row of excellent fishermen and had little to show for it due to steady 10-15mph winds with gusts of 25.  Wind actually took my Shappell four man shanty with two guys and gear in it  for a ride down the lake - with lines and cameras in the water and everything.  Local Legend Flanny lost a BIG walleye at the hole, my dad got one 11" fattie and two dozen midsize perch, and the rest of us got dinks and windchill.  Still better than sittin on the couch!  There were a dozen cars at Bakers Beach, 4-5 shanties each on the north and south ends, anyone else have a report?

Offline poor man fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 16, 2012, 02:08 PM »
poor man--- took your advice and went on glens outdoors and ordered that marcum for 239.99 reviews look good just cant wait for it to get her so i can learn how to use and and get it on the ice hope it doesnt take long with today being a holiday...thanks for the advice
Go to Marcum web site they have great videos on how to use and you you can also read the manual there before you get it. I ordered mine last monday and had it Thursday. Fished with it Saterday.

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Jan 16, 2012, 02:54 PM »
did you order yours from Glens also? i would love to have it thursday i got the confirmation email and tracking number from fed ex and i know fed ex isnt closed for the holiday........how  much ice was there on cando today anymore building up?i might have to bring the marcum up this weekend if she gets here
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:09 PM »
enough ice for a machine yet? got a trick spot for eyes, but don't want to walk there ;D

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #95 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Id wait a few days before bringing a machine. Went by hyde creek today. Few perch n pickeral in 25 fow on tipups n jigging.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:18 PM »
thanks paul you get down there with inwell.. might hit it up tomorrow depending on the weather.

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #97 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:38 PM »
5-6" of good ice on east side of the lake, although there are creeks and springs, and not sure about the ice in the middle of the lake.

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #98 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Yea he was with me, did a lil scouting for eyes. Fished it a bunch in the summer and tried a spot from that. Id say 3" black n 2" white ice just eyeballin it.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:19 PM »
thanks, might end up hitting the res. tomorrow. not sure yet, depending on the weather.

Offline slymer83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:04 PM »
im thinking of getting a vexlar this week are they really worth the money?> :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Yes they r !!! Twice over

Offline canalcrusher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:25 PM »
poor man--- took your advice and went on glens outdoors and ordered that marcum for 239.99 reviews look good just cant wait for it to get her so i can learn how to use and and get it on the ice hope it doesnt take long with today being a holiday...thanks for the advice

I have a lx1, you wont be disappointed.  Buddy fishes with a vex fl8.  Both work great.  His a little brighter. Mine a lil quieter.  They all work well.

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:42 PM »
I have a Vex F8 would not be without "... I fished for years without best 300 buck I spent saves so much time finding fish.less misses you just know what is down there ...
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline eskimo17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:32 PM »
i use an fl8 and i have no complaints, thinking about headin to cando wed, hopefully the perch are still biting

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:32 PM »
thanks ive never used one so im sure it will take some time to learn how to use it
should take about 15 min to figure out

Offline champ1970

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Was on Candro yesterday and had fun with the perch.  The ice was 6 inches but the wind was brutal.  As you can see by the look on his face my son had a blast.  Anyone gettin any Eyes though?  Hoping to fish again this weekend 

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Pardon me  fellas, anyone have any  ( Canadarago) fishing reports , ice  conditions and perhaps a few  pictures ??? tia 

Offline perchfilet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Was on Canadarago today. Probably 5 inches of ice, but open areas on the boat launch ramp. Caught plenty of perch, but almost all "dinks".

Offline Z

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:32 PM »
We were out there too.  Looked awfully bleak when we got there at daybreak, nobody else around and no tracks on the ice.  Boatlaunch looked pretty bad with broken up ice in the launch...decided to drill a few holes to see how the ice was.  5in. of good ice evrywhere we tried.  Caught fish in every hole we drilled, unfortunately there wasn't a keeper anywhere.  Fished from 10ft to 41ft with exactly the same results.......dinks.

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:45 PM »
I been there a few seasons ago  with my  fishing buddy and we did that too for two day weekend.Still too many dinks and i can't see the walleye is any better too. thanks for the report and remember to be careful on that ice

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #110 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:26 PM »
Monday was tough on Cando due to that wind, I'll keep everyone updated on the ice after this little batch of rain we're getting.

Offline ItsInTheHole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing like a warm clam...
« Reply #111 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:12 PM »
The next few days look OK for firming it up. Hopefully the rain knocked down the snow and not much else.
If you pack it in, pack it out.

Offline champ1970

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 18, 2012, 09:01 AM »
If anyone goes out on Candro can you give us an update on the ice???  Im wondering if all the rain had any impact on it... It was about 6 inches on Monday.. Thanks

Offline bahfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:33 PM »
any info on conditions would be great. hope to go tomarrow for 1st time out this yr.

Offline DoubleG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Hey guys!  Can anyone recommend a bait shop in the area?  Thanks! GG
MarCum * Vex * Strikemaster * Clam * Cabelas Underwater Cam

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:50 PM »
brad's in schyler lake

Offline bahfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:15 PM »
gas station on corner of rt 20 and rt 80 used to sell bait and tackle

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #117 on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:47 PM »
My side (east) of Cando has 4" of good ice still with 2" slush on top.  Still very fishable to me. 

Baitshops:  4Sesons bait is my recommendation, its run by an old time lake fisherman, Joe, who is THE MOST up to date source for local lake info.  On the west side of the lake, across from the boat launch to either the north or south, you will see signs for 4S bait and tackle, just up the hill.  He sells shiners, toughies/fatheads, spikes, mousies, and full range of tackle.

Past Richfield on 20E is Tom&Kellys Gas station which has an extensive live bait system using local creek water int heir basement, which produces very lively minnows.  they also have spikes and worms. 

Brads in Schuyler lake has bait but their supply is much more "hit or miss" in my experience. 

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:30 PM »
anyone going out in the morning? me and a couple of my buddies r going out so the more the marrier!

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:34 PM »
headed up in morning by myself. maybe see you guys there. goin to bakers beach

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.