Author Topic: EFI Not Starting  (Read 6598 times)

Offline Moldman52

• IceShanty Rookie
EFI Not Starting
« on: Jan 08, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Fellow Fishers,   I have a 2001 Art Cat Pantera 580 EFI that is stored correctly every spring. The machine will turn over but not start. The plugs are dry and there is spark. My question is can I use starting fluid and where do I spray it? Looks like air intake vents on both sides of cowl above the foot location. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks
Wishing You All Straight Shooting, Tight Lines and a Limit of Fun

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: EFI Not Starting
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:29 AM »
I think I'd check the injectors and fuel pump before launching lighter fluid in the ports.  You might wanna check with some of the snowmobile forums that have a number of mechanics on them.. You'll probably get a quicker/better response. 

Check your fuses:
http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/touring/279499-98-pantera-580-won-t-start.html

If you don't have battery voltage these sleds wont run. When they flood they are a pig to get going unless you know this trick...........If it floods pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it over.
It will start and run for a moment.You than know that it is fine to put the fuse back in and start it normally.

http://www.snowmobileforum.com/arctic-cat-snowmobiles/64437-pantera-efi-problems.html

This was my google search:    Pantera EFI won't start
Then started reading.  Hope it helps..
NB

Offline dewey123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 12:02 PM »
you can spray starter fluid into the carb and or the air intake.

Offline buckzone101

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T.Warrington Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:07 PM »
is your gas turned on and is your kill switches all good and hooked up? take plugs out and dump a soda cap full of mixxed gas into the cylinders, try to start if not then there is something else messed up call a shop and ask them..
INSTAGRAM@ twarringtonoutdoors

Offline CJ Outdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:11 PM »
Had this same problem last year and took it to the shop and they found a mice nest in the intake restricting the air, removed it and it started right up and all i did was pay the 75$

Keep it safe, always bring your kids and keep your blades SHARP!
Capt. Chris

surflizard

« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:43 PM »
Starter fluid and 2 stroke engines don't mix well, Great way to score the cylinders and toast the motor without the oil that the fuel carries to the motor !!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:48 PM »
x2 on the no starter fluid, surf......... The best option, if needed, is a spray bottle filled with the same mix that is in the gas tank used just like starter fluid.

/mike
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Online JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2012, 03:49 PM »
instead of starter fluid you can use wd40 if you're worried about scoring. either way,use it sparingly & make sure the track is off the ground in case the launch sequence can't be aborted. ;)

Offline waterfowlah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Make sure your battery is fully charged, EFI wont start on a low battery.
Team Grizzly. ICE 55. Hopped up JIFFY owner ported polished custom expansion chamber 36" in 2.5 seconds HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline badgericeman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bad day fishing beats a good day at work Go Pack!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2012, 11:34 PM »
Moldman52,

I have a 2009 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI.  Last year right before bow season my wheeler wasnt starting either.  I got some starter fluid and it still was a no go.  Had to haul it to arctic cat on the trailer and they looked it over.  He asked me if i had been using starter fluid which i had and he said that is a no no on the EFI's!  What was wrong was the plug was shot because I rode it around town (wheelers are street legal in montana) and since it is EFI the starting and stopping wears out the plug faster.

Hope this helps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.