Author Topic: Sylvan  (Read 727 times)

Offline BlackHillsIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Sylvan
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:56 PM »
    Fished today from 11-430 with my wingman (what a day, fishing in a t-shirt).  Walked too close to the BIG rocks and broke through-luckily only to my knees, and hit bottom.  To my credit I was carrying the running auger and didn't lose it.  Must have been a rock spire below the ice transmitting heat up.  I knew the ice looked bad but thought "it's January."  Live and learn.  Fished the rest of the day with sloshy boots.  We iced 20 rainbows and kept 6.  The biggest was a brood hatchery fish we caught on the first hole.  They started biting fast at 3.  Early in the day corn on small gold jigs worked and at the end it was wax worms on a bare hook.

Great lake!
Scott

PS the good news is we still have an auger, the bad news is my feet are going to be pruny and eventually cold.

Offline BlackHillsIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sylvan
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:22 PM »
Look like the road to Sylvan is open again.  We are heading up tomorrow.  I fished Stockade today-zero luck on the tip ups/suckers but caught a few perch.

Scott

Offline BlackHillsIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Fished all day Sunday and got one bow at dusk.  Lots of holes have been drilled there so I am not the only Sylvan believer.

Scott

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2012, 10:28 AM »
We fished Sylvan a couple weeks ago - couple rainbows, nothing big, action wasn't fast and furious, but kept us hanging in there for a couple hours. Hope your feet have recovered!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.