The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: South end of Champlain.  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Myke Wells

• IceShanty Rookie
South end of Champlain.
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:11 PM »
Went down to Benson Landing this morning and the ice was 3" about 60 yards from the boat launch, 1.5" at stony point by the camp on the point in from the green bouy.The Shor line at Singing cedars was messed up but out in the bay about 150 yards was about 4" of ice. Just have to search for a place to get on.Water is a little milky but seem to clear up after drilling a hole.Going there tomorrow, will post tomorrow.
Unclebuck

Offline abrower82

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: South end of Champlain.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:32 PM »
good luck. hoping to go there saterday. let me know how the fishing was.
adrian

Offline Zanderlust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Fished Lampmans bay today.  Ice was 4-5 inches a couple hundred yards out.  Perch and a couple nice largemouths. Only fishing 5-7 ft of water.

Offline Myke Wells

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:13 AM »
4.5 iches of ice on Singing Cedars,shore was a little messed up but went 100 yardsw south of landing and set out 19 tipups and had 1 flag all day.Water was cloudy and got worse the farther out you got. Fished from 8ft of water to 14 ft.Ice thickness stayed the same all the way out.Made it out to about 1/2 way to the red bouy on the NY side.Keep me posted if anyone goes out and cautchs any fish please. Long way to go for no bites.
Unclebuck

Offline abrower82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2012, 03:41 PM »
went out to singin cedars Saturday and sunday only got two perch very slow. the shore line is really bad. there is no ice for like the first 3 feet when you get on the lake and was worse sunday afternoon when we walked off. also lost over an inch of ice from Saturday to sunday. there was a guy Saturday who went from whites to Benson landing on a snowmobile and back.
adrian

Offline tipuppppppppp

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the gaff
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:03 PM »
hey mike its jason r.   hey we hit um pretty hard up north further, we will probably be going sunday if ya wanna tag along.  got a 7 galloon bucket of perch and gills and several 4lb bass and a couple 8lb pike give me a shout at work if ya  wanna go

Offline Myke Wells

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:31 AM »
Thanks I'll stop by and see ya.
Unclebuck

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:17 PM »
So what is the latest reports on lake champlain. is the the entire lake locked up yet? any good catches?
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Think the ice will hold through the storm?
J. Cotier

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.