Author Topic: Newfound Circus 2012  (Read 53010 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Newfound Circus 2012
« Reply #90 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:27 PM »
there was 5" in front on me.   ;)
NB

Huh?!???

Sorry to hear that NB.

This thin ice is killing me....make sure you take some pics NB and post em up!

Safe fishing to you,

JIGGIN.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:15 AM »
For the record, I was there first!

I think Tippin's stalking me:P

I am, however, thinking of living at town beach. Set up the porty in the back of the truck and put a sign out...
"I am the 99%" who cannot fish near Mayhew. (Newfy is the 1%  ;) )

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #92 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:19 AM »
Occupy Newfound!

JIGGIN.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #93 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:06 AM »
Occupy Newfound!

JIGGIN.
When's the "rally"?

Capt. Black

Offline philthefishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • if ur not fishing ur not livin
« Reply #94 on: Jan 13, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Ok enough is enough I still havnt fished in 2012 . Kraken and I r dying to get to nf this year. There is no ice in site down r way. And is 55° right now, when is winter coming?  The only thing keeping us going is the ice shanty thanks for all the great posts circus. Maybe Sunday morning kraken and I will take the boat out. . Just so we can say we were on the water. Im going  :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #95 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:17 AM »
Sorry Philthefisherman and Kraken. We are trying our best to get Newfound to freeze but just not working out so well.

We'll keep you posted via this thread as I'm sure Newfound lake is missing you guys too. We'll keep posting our adventures here in order to keep you sane.

Pretty lonely lake.......

JIGGIN.

surflizard

« Reply #96 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Howdy Circus Folk,
 I was surfing around [ ;)2 ] the weather underground trying to find info on this nice weather we having !  :'( Low and Behold, I ran across a web cam showing Newfound getting thickerer ! :thumbsup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #97 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Nice Surf! Your the info man!!!

Capt. Black, look familar?

JIGGIN.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #98 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:09 PM »
Just checked the weather for tomorrow. Gonna be WINDY.

Gonna suck.

JIGGIN.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Just checked the weather for tomorrow. Gonna be WINDY.

Gonna suck.

JIGGIN.
Damn..... :) we will never make it up to NewFound if old man weather keeps this crap up :'(

surflizard

« Reply #100 on: Jan 14, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Its not helping the open water to lock up, but it is a West wind ! When the wind is from the West, the fishing is the best ! ;)2

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Jan 14, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Nice Surf! Your the info man!!!

Capt. Black, look familar?

JIGGIN.
Yes it does, except it doesn't show the white caps from yesterday when I drove by coming home from Lake X (LMNOP). Isn't that the scene of the crime? You know, when Guinea's borrowed portable ran over Surf. Hit and run.

Its not helping the open water to lock up, but it is a West wind ! When the wind is from the West, the fishing is the best ! ;)2
Problem is Surf we'll need to take the boat out to take advantage.

Capt. Black

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #102 on: Jan 14, 2012, 05:40 PM »
01/14/12

Got to the lake this morning and it wasn't that bad in terms of wind and cold as what was predicted. As the morning went on though the winds picked up and temps dropped. Glad to have the portable today.

Laker Taker broke double digits today bringing his total for lakers up to 11 (got 4 lakers today) biggest one being 25". This laker tied up the underwater camera, his jig stick and my jig stick. What a mess. I got one small perch and one laker @ 23". A few flags in between for both of us.
All caught on tip ups with red fins, smelt and pond shiner. Nothing jigging. Deeper water seemed to produce better than shallow.

Will post pics later, getting ready for the game.

Went to check the ice at Cummings. Wow....open water from the channel to the beach. I'm guessing around the 17 feet of water mark. Not good.

JIGGIN.

ps: GO PATS!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #103 on: Jan 14, 2012, 06:18 PM »
fishing with the legends tomorrow!!!
going to catch me a TRWEE-SHAKERR"!.....LOL
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #104 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:34 PM »
01/15/12

Fished with Tippin today. Laker Taker stayed home to recover from the game last night. Good fishing with you Tippin, sorry we didn't catch any TRWEE-SHAKERR's. Maybe next time.

We got to the lake early. It was cold and windy....around -7 without the wind chill  factored in. We ended up striking out. Nothing on the camera and nothing jigging or on tip ups. Tippin had one flag that took out some line but nobody home.

My new propane auger was giving me a hard time starting (first time giving me a hard time) so I decided to put it in the portable to get it heated up. Set up the portable and got the stove all plugged in and .....stove didn't work. Frozen. Could get a very small flame so put the auger next to it for about 15 - 20 mins and then it worked fine.                         
Hard day of fishing with the wind and no heat. Fished till some time after noon and went to Walmart and bought another stove.

Stopped by to check Newfound and Cummings beach is completely open from the wind blowing the narrows open water towards Cummings beach. Ice from Cummings to Shackette's and from Cummings to the foot of the lake but from the channel to Cummings is wide open with white caps.

Decided to check the foot of the lake and bumped into Finless. Nice to have meet you Finless, you are defiantly dedicated fishermen. Nice chatting with you and hope we can bump into each other in the near future.....If the lake ever freezes, let's make a plan. Meeting Finless was definitely the high light of my day other than fishing with Tippin of course.

JIGGIN.

Pics from yesterday.

Laker Taker's 25" laker

My 23" with Laker Taker's 25". I was planning to let mine go but was asked to keep a laker this weekend for someone at work.

Tippin2 Checking his flag. Holes filled in with Snow pretty quickly.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Nice report Jiggin, Thanks!!

Sorry to hear about the Auger?? Ive yet to have that problem yet with mine, but we will test that theory tomorrow morning.....

-Scott

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:51 PM »
two words.......cold cold... ;D
it was fun to get out and try a portable, what a way to test it....windyand -7 deg. to start,
and windy and 1 deg. when we left....

thx for letting me hang out in "legend-land" jiggin....

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Sorry I missed you at my "occupy Newfound" spot. I did stop by today (and yes, it was to make phone calls lol) and saw the line of water from the channel. I saw footprints on the ice, and somebody told me they had seen a couple of people out there right at shore watching tip ups yesterday.

I cried again watching the waves erode the ice. Nobody came by to cry with me. I felt so alone.

Somebody else pulled up and took a pic...I was really expecting to see it on this thread!

Newfy, I was driving by on the main road and saw you walking out yesterday. If you heard somebody beep, that was me!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:31 PM »
Thanks for the pics/report Jiggin! It sure was cold/windy today!

I invited Finless to fish with me yesterday and he endend up sleeping in ::) ;)
When he said he was going out today, I told him he better dress warm because he was gonna freeze his "beans" off!  :blink:  :roflmao:

Offline whtmtniceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mora... Hold her tight and DRILL HARD!
« Reply #109 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Great lakers!.. way to make a tough conditions day a good catching day!!! I gave it a try too, but I stayed bundled up in the portable after I got to the first spot I wanted to try  :-\

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #110 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:37 AM »
I cried again watching the waves erode the ice. Nobody came by to cry with me. I felt so alone.

That's cause we were all out fishing.....Sorry we couldn't be there for you. You should of joined us, cant catch em on the couch or in the parking lot. Gotta be on hard water to get em.

Hoping to bring the house up later this week possibly for a launch at the foot of the lake. We'll see.......

JIGGIN.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:21 AM »
Hoping to bring the house up later this week possibly for a launch at the foot of the lake. We'll see.......

JIGGIN.

Let me know when and I can give you a hand.

Capt. Black

Offline MikeF-NH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:28 AM »
...just a thought on the propane auger. Only use the 1 lb propane bottles for my grill but notice that when it's really cold, the gas doesn't like to flow (stay liquid) and the grill becomes hard to get going. The work around is to put the canister inside your jacket for 10-15 minutes (say for the walk out to your spot) to warm up the liquid in the canister.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #113 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:16 AM »
...just a thought on the propane auger. Only use the 1 lb propane bottles for my grill but notice that when it's really cold, the gas doesn't like to flow (stay liquid) and the grill becomes hard to get going. The work around is to put the canister inside your jacket for 10-15 minutes (say for the walk out to your spot) to warm up the liquid in the canister.

Interesting thought.....I was thinking the same thing too. Need to keep the propane warm.

If I put 2 cyclinders in my jacket upper pockets, I'd look like Guinea! Just not as cute......

Thanks for the tips MikeF!

JIGGIN.

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #114 on: Jan 16, 2012, 12:28 PM »
Hey Jiggin  the guy told me at cabelas that people were useing the hand warmers with a velcro strap to hold it there for extreme cold days
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:41 PM »
just drove by newfound....SHE CAUGHT!!.....the whole bay is caught....even the mouth of newfound river....looked up the lake and thought i gotta go see this for myself, and low and behold the whole northend of mayhew and as far as i could see up the lake was caught..........TIPPID Y-TAP-TIPPIDY-TAP...<---------me doing the                            "no-wind-dance"............ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #116 on: Jan 16, 2012, 03:48 PM »
I drove by a good portion of the lake as well,  things are looking good!  ;D  I cant wait to be a part of the circus.  skimming over on the 3A side in sections.  cummings area is coming along nicely.  I'm driving a little brown toyota wagon w/ mass plates come say hi if you see me!
Newfound (Circus)

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #117 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:37 PM »
Hey jiggin..meeting you has been long over due it was all my pleasure and a plan is a must this year !!!!!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:22 PM »
grrrrr......heavy winds on wednesday.....TIPPIDY-TAP!!

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #119 on: Jan 16, 2012, 07:09 PM »
grrrrr......heavy winds on wednesday.....TIPPIDY-TAP!!

15-20mph with 30mph gusts for Wednesday forecasted.  I hope the ice holds.  I'm planning on getting the house out this week.  There is a patch of ice from the mouth of the river that goes almost all the way to the Big Catch that just recently froze.  It's going to be sketchy to launch from the foot of the lake.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.