Author Topic: Fl-20  (Read 8042 times)

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
Re: Fl-20
« Reply #30 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Knew it wouldn't take long for one of them to come in and put there 2 cents in... :cookoo: There is a big difference between an fl-8 and a fl-20 and do u think if all that power mattered don't u think vexilar would put it in there units i mean it don't take that much to up the power :blink:and don't worry it is normal for people that by #2 to find something wrong with the #1
FISH ON

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #31 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:17 PM »
vex low power is not labeled right.  the low power cable is just a resistor.  Anyways it's a joke.  And any company that assumes I am an idiot will never get my business..
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:19 PM »
Please tell me the difference between a FL-8/12 and a FL-18/20,  having owned 3 of the 4 I never found a difference other than zoom,and or flatscreen and of course huge price jump....

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Please tell me the difference between a FL-8/12 and a FL-18/20,  having owned 3 of the 4 I never found a difference other than zoom,and or flatscreen and of course huge price jump....

Don't you have debugging to do on that LX 7?  Those super thick lines and inaccurate depth readings, along with a handle that's laughable, and pixelation issues, or a battery charger that doesn't tell you when it's charged.  Or are you waiting for the next firmware update? Go play with your new technology and leave us half wits be.  Or better yet, go to one of the other 20 forums you frequent preaching the marCUM gospel.  I'm not buying the hype.  Nothing but a marCUM troll.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Nope my 7 works fine, and must be missing about 15 of those forums you speak of....I'm on 5 maybe 6 including muskie sites....I make remarks on first hand experience and side by side testing of the 2 brands over several years, just stating my findings and choose to spend my money on better equipment than what I once owned and was happy with....

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:06 PM »
Git em Goat, git em  @)

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Nope my 7 works fine, and must be missing about 15 of those forums you speak of....I'm on 5 maybe 6 including muskie sites....I make remarks on first hand experience and side by side testing of the 2 brands over several years, just stating my findings and choose to spend my money on better equipment than what I once owned and was happy with....
If your that happy with them why u lingering around a vex form??and why do most marcum guys trash everything else??It is like a man trying to justify why he drives a minivan and getting mad at men for driving trucks ;)
FISH ON

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Same reason Vex guys linker in Marcum threads.... and to try and educate newbies that Vex, while has been around the longest is the most moneyfor the least features.....and I'm bored....

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:03 PM »
I have had a fl20 for 5 or 6 seasons, original battery, never an issue, love it.  After a bad experience with several showdown dualbeams marcum sent me a lx3tc and its good as well, but does not compare the the vex,  you will not regret buying the vex fl20, its the best of the best.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:06 PM »
 I check out all the threads Marcum, Vexilar and humminbird. They all are great for the input ;D

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Same reason Vex guys linker in Marcum threads.... and to try and educate newbies that Vex, while has been around the longest is the most moneyfor the least features.....and I'm bored....
:cookoo: :cookoo:well most of the time if u have to push something that much usually it isn't worth a damn ;D  but all in all this is a spot to talk about VEXILAR so why don't u to the lx7 page and wait for your updates if they even have eney
FISH ON

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:15 PM »
Not worried about it, even not 100% yet it's still 200% better than anything Vex has, then again Marcums entry level VX-1 is as good as the 18/20. Untill you see the differences you'll never belive, but I have seen what a Vex won't show you and what a Marcum will, Marcum also is a far better unit in shallow weedy/woody conditions....Bet you still have a 21" tube TV in your living room to....Personaly I prefer my 1080 3D.....

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:22 PM »
At least Vexilar has enough dignity to not make a unit like Showdown, or that Troller thing.  Troller is laughable.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Trust me i spent the $$ on the best flasher so u bet i spent the money on a good tv even tho the tv don't  get used cuz i am to busy OUTSIDE....But obviously you are here to try to prove to your self that yours is better witch is funny but sorry they just look cheep and with most cheep things they have to push the mine has more than yous crap but the people that do there homework don't fall for it and all they have to do is look at the lx7 thread and it speaks for itself
FISH ON

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:33 PM »
At least Vexilar has enough dignity to not make a unit like Showdown, or that Troller thing.  Troller is laughable.
x2 :clap: :clap:so true
FISH ON

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Aqua Vue made the showdown, Marcum just ended up with it when they bought back the rights to the Marcum name when AV went bust...Can't comment on that, never used one, but my first year made LX-5 is still going strong....Keep diluting yourselvs that Vex is best, and Vex has not been without it's own issues on new releases in the past... Remember the problematic Tri Beam from last season or the current poor quality camera currently on the market using componets others have moved on from in favor of higher quality....or the need yet for a LP mode since they can't figure out how to zero out the gain....poor interference rejection....poor seperation..... thick az fuzzy lines.... 2 color to make 3..... even the most die hard vex user has to want more and better from their unit... I did and why I switched long ago and couldn't be happier....then  the recreational beer drinking ice fisherman won't mind....

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:57 PM »
LMAO!! Sorry man but i have used a lx5 quite a bit and it is no were near my 20 so the only other thing u have is the lx7 and that is CRAP so  :-* :-*
FISH ON

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:00 PM »
from the talk and the looks of it the Vex is just junk then ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) oh well i am just a vex junky then  ::) ::) ::) ::) :P
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:00 PM »
So did marcum promise u a fixed lx7 to push there product something
FISH ON

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:13 PM »
LMAO!! Sorry man but i have used a lx5 quite a bit and it is no were near my 20 so the only other thing u have is the lx7 and that is CRAP so  :-* :-*

Well I fish next to a 20 most of every season and I lean the other way, if my partner who had the 20 had the cash he would have a LX-5.... I can't understand how a guy could use a 5 with it's crisp sharp fine lines and go back to using thick fuzzy ones... To each his own I guess... And no I don't get anything from Marcum other than what I pay for out of my own pocket, I will say the same about any product I own and belive is better than any others I have personaly used, hence why I drive a GMC, nothing else can compete in the long run....

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:16 PM »
So then the LX 7 must have SFL as well?

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Not yet, but still better than my old Vex's.. units are out testing with that upgrade though.... I'm sight fishing anyway so don't even bother taking it out now untill the ice gets better in the deeper water....Lines are fine though in the zoom window, about as thick as a LX-5 without the SFL turned on...and having a 6 color display is cool....or3, 3 color choices or b/w whatever suits your prefrence best....

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Well I fish next to a 20 most of every season and I lean the other way, if my partner who had the 20 had the cash he would have a LX-5.... I can't understand how a guy could use a 5 with it's crisp sharp fine lines and go back to using thick fuzzy ones... To each his own I guess... And no I don't get anything from Marcum other than what I pay for out of my own pocket, I will say the same about any product I own and belive is better than any others I have personaly used, hence why I drive a GMC, nothing else can compete in the long run....
see u said it right there to each there own so go back to Marcum land and leave VEX land alone :flex: :flex:
FISH ON

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:10 PM »
sI agree with essox.  Vexilars are a joke at thid time.  Buy anything but,  Marcum, h-bird or lowrance.  All better units and will give you more bang for your buck..........  The minute vex makes a "new"  unit with better technology, Ill be the first to buy it.   Seeing how they were the first 20 years ago to play in this game and have not changed much if at all,  Maybe I might be alive to see it........
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline mydogcarl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Not yet, but still better than my old Vex's.. units are out testing with that upgrade though.... I'm sight fishing anyway so don't even bother taking it out now untill the ice gets better in the deeper water....Lines are fine though in the zoom window, about as thick as a LX-5 without the SFL turned on...and having a 6 color display is cool....or3, 3 color choices or b/w whatever suits your prefrence best....

Wow...  your posts are so full of BS it's not even funny.  This is supposed to be a site that educates and informs others.  You have NO insight and your bias is VERY transparent.   Please go away.
All of these flashers are solid units and each has their pluses and minuses…  I own an Fl-18, Fl-20, Ice 55, LX-5 and yes, the infamous LX-7.   If I had the choice to only keep one right now, it would be the FL-18.   Reliable unit that I’ve not had ‘issues’ with like the others…  some of these issue are the result of the way I fish, others are not…  long topic.   Quit posting your biased opinions…  it really doesn’t help anyone if you are going to feed this site with convoluted crap.  JMHO!!
Mike

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:47 PM »
sI agree with essox.  Vexilars are a joke at thid time.  Buy anything but,  Marcum, h-bird or lowrance.  All better units and will give you more bang for your buck..........  The minute vex makes a "new"  unit with better technology, Ill be the first to buy it.   Seeing how they were the first 20 years ago to play in this game and have not changed much if at all,  Maybe I might be alive to see it........
I own both a lx3 and a fl20 and I use them both everytime I go out(30 times a season) i have only used the marcum about 10 times and I can't see how anybody could say its any better than the vex, the display aint, takes forever to charge, drain the battery much faster, interferes with other flasher,  I have not used or even seen the lx5, unless it miles ahead of the lx3, especially in the display it will not touch a Vex.  Even my kids 6 and 8 will fight over who gets the vexilar.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:27 AM »
I did and why I switched long ago and couldn't be happier....then  the recreational beer drinking ice fisherman won't mind....
That's funny Shawn, aren't you just a recreational fisherman too?  I've never seen your name in any of the tournament rosters for ice fishing ???

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:32 AM »
LMAO! well that was fun ;D but i would rather not get in a pissing contest anymore and like i said before this is a place for people to discuss vexilar not for people to bash them and it is pretty sad u guys have to but your noses in and talk some crap...Maybe i will start butting my nose in on the lx7 thred  and say  :roflmao: :roflmao: u aren't getting no updates hahahaha...but i don't because it is going to piss people off and that is not what this place is for and to each there own and i respect that unlike YOU!!
FISH ON

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:07 AM »
im going to chime in  ;D

i just started fishing 3 years ago and bought the marcum vx-1 pro for my first flasher after doing some researching in this website and google.
i upgraded to and lx-3 last year and love it.

this is why i went with marcum.

i wanted bottom zoom for my first flasher so i looked at the FL-18 and VX-1 PRO.

FL-18 pro pack with 12 degree ducer $ 439.95
FL-18 ultra pack with same ducer $ 479.95 (difference i saw from pro pack was rod holder, digital battery status and some holes on it for i dont know what. so $40 more for that stuff ??? ???)
VX-1 PRO $ 299.99

that is why i got a marcum VX-1 and didnt buy into the vex hype. the marcum vx-1 does the same thing as the fl-18 but for less money.

i have a buddy that fishes with an fl-8. he came over checked out my lx-3 and he said: how come you dont show your bait as a big red mark? i said i dont have to with my marcum. i looked how he fished on his fl-8 and omg his jig was a big red blob and i could not distinguish it between the fish.

so, i agree with esox_magnum has said so far. this is my two cent worth!!!

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:06 PM »
im going to chime in  ;D

i just started fishing 3 years ago and bought the marcum vx-1 pro for my first flasher after doing some researching in this website and google.
i upgraded to and lx-3 last year and love it.

this is why i went with marcum.

i wanted bottom zoom for my first flasher so i looked at the FL-18 and VX-1 PRO.

FL-18 pro pack with 12 degree ducer $ 439.95
FL-18 ultra pack with same ducer $ 479.95 (difference i saw from pro pack was rod holder, digital battery status and some holes on it for i dont know what. so $40 more for that stuff ??? ???)
VX-1 PRO $ 299.99

that is why i got a marcum VX-1 and didnt buy into the vex hype. the marcum vx-1 does the same thing as the fl-18 but for less money.

i have a buddy that fishes with an fl-8. he came over checked out my lx-3 and he said: how come you dont show your bait as a big red mark? i said i dont have to with my marcum. i looked how he fished on his fl-8 and omg his jig was a big red blob and i could not distinguish it between the fish.

so, i agree with esox_magnum has said so far. this is my two cent worth!!!
LMAO!! with any flasher if your bait is a red spot  that usually means turn your gain down ::)I never fish with my bait red and if i did than yeah it would be hard to distinguish my bait from fish and i have 2 zoom settings on my vex and really don't see the point in an adjustable zoom as i only want to zoom the bottom 6' or 12' not the middle of the water column and to say the vexilars look like big splotches is just bs...But it is just how i am i don't like to have to deal with problems and i go with what has been proven to work  so i spend the $$ on the good stuff...And also i Tree Climber for Tree Man so if i am 90' up in a tree and i am hanging by my rope and harness i want to know my equipment has but field tested and proven to work before i start bringing it down and the same goes with the ice i don't like taking chances 2nd grade equipment and never by the newest trend because u never know when it will fail
FISH ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.