The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: You Know what's going happen !  (Read 883 times)

Offline icerink

• Team IceShanty Regular
You Know what's going happen !
« on: Dec 23, 2011, 01:08 PM »
We all have too much time to think about our lack of ice. You know just when we start to get some ice we will get hammered with snow. We can still do some deer, goose, coyote and rabbit hunting in the meantime. I have family in Kalkaska and I'm just waiting for some news so I can move base camp up there.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: You Know what's going happen !
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2011, 01:42 PM »
im thinking people will be crabbing on here by march about having to drill through too much ice and about the winter die off ::) Mother nature will pay us back for our antics......or maybe not ;D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2011, 02:05 PM »
As you can all probably tell by my posts, I am extremely nervous about this season. School becomes so much harder to sit through when the reality kicks in that I won't be able to get on the ice when I go home. Gosh, I hope you are right Pikemaster...

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Yote hunting can kill a lot of no ice time  ;D

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2011, 06:27 PM »
there is rabbit and squirrel too. Oh and we can be optimistic and say how great this winter is for the deer heard :P
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2011, 08:22 AM »
there is rabbit and squirrel too. Oh and we can be optimistic and say how great this winter is for the deer heard :P

The whole year was great for the deer herd around here. Folks started shining bucks in July and sent them all nocturnal before a shot was made. Only one 20" + buck taken in our neighborhood. The doe herd was thinned but next year could be outstanding for bucks around here!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Same deer herd story here too... I got lucky though, I had a nice 8-pt follow the wrong doe opening night. After she rejected his mounting attempt, I dropped him where he stood. Greenscore just over 100, not a mac daddy, but my best to date. I am extremely happy with him too!

Offline LSCjigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2011, 11:44 AM »
 Im thinkin ice by mid January....and we hold onto through the second week of April!!! ;D We may be lucky in a way. If all this rain was snow...we would be pulling our shanties in 3 feet of the white stuff.
Dont get any on ya...but if ya do...get it all over ya!!

Offline JTRenegade20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2011, 12:34 PM »
Honestly at this point I wouldn't give a damn about walking through snow. As long as im ice fishing, i dont care about the snow. It will be well worth it once im out there  ;D Then i can focus alllllll day about this  :tipup:                :icefish:
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad"

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.