The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where's The Ice?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline SweetValleyYoungblood

• IceShanty Rookie
Where's The Ice?
« on: Dec 22, 2011, 04:22 PM »
A year ago today every lake and pond around Northeast Pennsylvania was covered with ice.  This year it doesn't even feel like winter.  Temps are in the 40's, it's rainy, and there is no snow on the ground.  I'm itching to get out there already.  At this rate, we wont be able to get out 'till February  :(

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where's The Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Yeah...in in SE PA its almost swimming weather!! :(

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Was over 50 today here with over an inch of rain forcasted tomorrow. Some years are good, some years bad. Obviously I don't have to say what this year is thus far. I'm hoping it gets cold and stays cold so we have ice into April. It could happen. What really sucks is when we get a good cap in december and then rain and warm weather ruins the ice in January.

Offline FishinHardWater

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keepin it on the dry side since 2000
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2011, 11:35 PM »
my friend told me he was out icefishing in clinton county in the begining of december  ???

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Just checked out Pecks Pond and White deer lakes, there was 1 to 2 inches of ice.  After next week the ice should be good on the small lakes in the poconos.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:58 PM »
my friend told me he was out icefishing in clinton county in the begining of december  ???
i believe it i was 1 day from tryin to get on here in pittsburgh bet there was ice in the mountains no one will tell ya
GOD bless
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2011, 06:03 AM »
Forecast is for 8 degrees up in Sullivan County by Tues(1/3)!! Hopefully will lock things up nicely for a while!! :)

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Forecast is for 8 degrees up in Sullivan County by Tues(1/3)!! Hopefully will lock things up nicely for a while!! :)

Same here in Tioga County.  Last year guys were fishing as early as Dec 8th on the farm ponds.  Dec 10th on Hills Creek.  2011 has been downright mean to us, flooding, drought, flooding, then no ice.  Here's hoping for a good start to 2012
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Yeah, cold front coming through !!....  But only lasting for about 3 days.. then back up near 40 degrees again.. (46 on Sunday, Jan 8)   
I'm done waiting, Going to get the boat back out  >:(

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:38 AM »
A year ago today every lake and pond around Northeast Pennsylvania was covered with ice.  This year it doesn't even feel like winter.  Temps are in the 40's, it's rainy, and there is no snow on the ground.  I'm itching to get out there already.  At this rate, we wont be able to get out 'till February  :(
Last year was a very good year for ice- this year will just be later and shorter. 

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:39 AM »

A few days of this weather is great for ice making. Unfortunately the mid 40 deg. days and above freezing nights temps to follow is NOT!!! what I want to see.......

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:57 AM »

A few days of this weather is great for ice making. Unfortunately the mid 40 deg. days and above freezing nights temps to follow is NOT!!! what I want to see.......

well.. not so great with 14-20 MPH winds...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.