New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Capital Region Thread  (Read 28101 times)

Offline bassomatic

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Capital Region Thread
« Reply #180 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:22 PM »
Can you still ice fish VLEY Pond in Schoharie ?????

Yes, the Vly, Vley, or the Vlaie (however you want to spell it) is still fishable.  Have not been out there yet this year, but ice should be good now with this cold snap and the shallow water there.

Offline kILLAR 64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:26 PM »
ANTYBODY  been on cox res yet?

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #182 on: Jan 19, 2012, 06:52 PM »
sunday was aweful for us too, but Saturday was very good and Monday was spectacular!
yes MONDAY was totally awesome!!!!!

:tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:

good to see ya Red   @)

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #183 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:54 AM »
jimmy what were you getting those shiners on and where if i may ask

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #184 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:03 AM »
yes MONDAY was totally awesome!!!!!

:tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:

good to see ya Red   @)

good to see you too Camo ;D nice bass, btw!  @)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #185 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:26 AM »
On mariaville I was jigging with spikes. Once a year I will get in a school of them and you may as well pack up.  Aside from that it has been horrible here.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Steelhead5678

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #186 on: Jan 20, 2012, 09:30 AM »
How much ice did you have on the Cox res, if you don't mind me asking. thanks

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #187 on: Jan 20, 2012, 10:32 AM »
just passed by round lake and there was quite a few people out cpl four wheelers   and a couple hard shacks out.   
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #188 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:12 AM »
A new hard side went up on the East basin in the last week. Have not seen it before. Those slobs left dead pickerel and garbage all over the place. I have a good mind to call The ECO and see if they can be ticketed for littering or fish cleaning law. shanty does not have name and address either.... >:( :nono: :callcops:
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #189 on: Jan 20, 2012, 11:14 AM »
I would call.  They are just giving fisherman a bad name.  and the shanty has to be marked so that is a ticket for sure. 
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #190 on: Jan 20, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Shiner action is better than no action at all....

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #191 on: Jan 20, 2012, 01:12 PM »
A new hard side went up on the East basin in the last week. Have not seen it before. Those slobs left dead pickerel and garbage all over the place. I have a good mind to call The ECO and see if they can be ticketed for littering or fish cleaning law. shanty does not have name and address either.... >:( :nono: :callcops:

make that call.    Also, have you been visited by the "special" angler out there that seems to make the rounds everytime I'm out?

Offline P.B.R.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #192 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:05 PM »
 Heading out on Thompsons tomorrow anyone on here venture out on it yet?

Offline freezer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #193 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Anyone got reccomendations for a baitshop from saratoga north on 87 that opens at 5.  I know saratoga archery and tackle but want to hit the road early. :tipup:

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #194 on: Jan 20, 2012, 08:18 PM »
I was up at Thompsons lake on tuesday. There were a half dozen guys fishing off the boat launch fishing with tip ups. I watched them for about ten minutes and nobody got a flag. I went up to the other end of the campground and it had just locked up and looked sketchy. Nobody was out on that end.
Meat is murder....tasty, tasty murder

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #195 on: Jan 21, 2012, 03:52 PM »
had to work today, but looking out the window..... there are lots of tip-ups and not many flags at all....

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #196 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:34 AM »
got out sunday fished from sun up to sun down.   Kind of slow but caught my personal best Pike.  And lost one that would have topped that due to forgetting the gaff home.   Hope it's a sign of more good fishing to come.

I put the pictures up on the picture board    under saratoga county 1-22-12    check them out.   

How did everyone else due this weekend?    Had good ice just about 10".      Wish i could get out more then just the weekends.

all these pike where caught on my new bait setup and I guess its work's.  I was a little Hesitant  to change the way I fish but like mama always said try something new you might like it.     well keep the flags flying capital area.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #197 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:21 AM »
hey ed, where did you go? what body of water?

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #198 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:53 PM »
Anyone on this thread ever fished snyders lake?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline freezer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #199 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:56 PM »
What do people think this weather is going to do to local ice? :tipup:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #200 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Anyone on this thread ever fished snyders lake?

yes.   my buddy has a place there.  I've put some serious time in that lake, and it just isn't very good, much less so when its frozen.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #201 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:45 AM »
I think ice will hold up had 10" where i go sunday dont think a little rain will impact it much. GOnna be wet on top that for sure.   Still check and be safe. 

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #202 on: Jan 24, 2012, 11:16 AM »
hey roundlaker, where were you when u nailed those pike?

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #203 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Thanks big red, I hit up round lake this morning insted and with the water on top there is still 8" of ice. Fishing was slow for most of the people I chatted with though.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #204 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:22 PM »
are fishermen getting tickets if they park at the launch on Round lake?
I'd like to give it a go next monday but don't want to have a surprize on my windshield, ya know.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #205 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Um  my local hot spot.     Round is slow  until late season when the fish get pushed deep.      I talked to a guy that said they were thinking about blocking the launch off.    Its pretty much park at your own risk.     

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #206 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:29 PM »
NO, they are not ticketing fisherman

Offline fundad01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #207 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:36 PM »
yes.   my buddy has a place there.  I've put some serious time in that lake, and it just isn't very good, much less so when its frozen.

Hudson river bait has a pic of a huge EYE out of snyders. We are gonna give some nite fishing a try. Jigging has out produced tipups every time. but I have only fished the town beach end of the lake.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #208 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:12 AM »
Hudson river bait has a pic of a huge EYE out of snyders. We are gonna give some nite fishing a try. Jigging has out produced tipups every time. but I have only fished the town beach end of the lake.

I am friends with the same guy that BigRed is ....... we have had parties in the winter with 20+ guys fishing and for some reason we just can't get fish in the winter.

Soooo many people have come to these parties making the statement "i'll get on the pannies"  and they work hard at it but they just don't catch em.

There is a respectable population of gills .... i catch em in the summer...  but can't buy a bite in the winter.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #209 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:40 AM »
NO, they are not ticketing fisherman

It don't matter if your a fisherman a nature buff , ice skater its is private property.  It's park at your own risk.   If you want to do something about it send the village a letter or come to a meeting.  The only legal spot to park and access the lake is Goldfoot road.    Do they stop and give every person a ticket that is parked at the launch No but at some point they are going to enforce it.   And I know I would not be happy to get back from fishing to find a ticket or the car towed.   And parking on rt 9 is not legal at all and the state troopers do write tickets for that.   The launch is up to the land owner(the village) to enforce  it.    I still park there just like everyone else.   But it's not legal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.