New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Capital Region Thread  (Read 28086 times)

Offline Hobo Hilton

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it's FISHABLE or HUNTABLE, It's ME
Re: Capital Region Thread
« Reply #150 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Its a shame that the Alco Res. and the Watervliet Res. are not legally fishable.  It would be nice if you could, by Permit Only like other NYS bodies of water.  There has to be some NYS Records there.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #151 on: Jan 14, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Its a shame that the Alco Res. and the Watervliet Res. are not legally fishable.  It would be nice if you could, by Permit Only like other NYS bodies of water.  There has to be some NYS Records there.

One of the guys on here fished the alcove a couple of years ago ..... put a post up about how to use tipups and then a few days later had a pic of 4 beautiful walleye and 2 nice pike as well. .....  they were caught out of the alcove.

The guy is no good.... no respect for fish and game laws whatsoever (got busted poaching walleye last year too) .......  BUT ... he did get to icefish the alcove  :o   ..... might even be worth the loss of respect from his fellow anglers  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline waterdog4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:25 PM »
What about lawsons guys, any word on good ice?   

Offline cicnjshore

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:51 AM »
Whats the deal with bait in NY do you still need a receipt with the bait?  Any word on how the ice is doing up there?  I hope to make a trek up next week if we have a solid 4" on the smaller lakes/ponds.  Let em rip and be safe.

Offline myemmy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Can you still ice fish VLEY Pond in Schoharie ?????

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #155 on: Jan 15, 2012, 04:34 PM »
What about lawsons guys, any word on good ice?   
MAY BE GOOD,better check
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline manbearpig99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #156 on: Jan 15, 2012, 04:55 PM »
anyone around think saratoga or round will be fishable by this weekend?
- half man, half bear, half pig

http://aacfishing.blogspot.com is the official BBC/AAC Blog

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #157 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:45 PM »
Took a drive today and there were 2 guys on the south end of Saratoga Lake out there with 2 open spots.
There was a father with kids ice skating and another guy in a port. shanty out past the yellow house on Round lake.
Not me, waiting another week atleast.

Offline peewee4132

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #158 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:50 PM »
most lakes in averill park are fishing ready.

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #159 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Hopefully Toga will be good to go this upcoming weekend, would love to be out for eyes on friday night.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #160 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:05 AM »
got on saratoga lake this weekend with no luck.  There was 4" from the boat launch down the creek.   Also got on lonely good 4" but still some thin spots. Also got skunked there.
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #161 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:07 AM »
Are you this guy there talking about??   ;D
    nut on saratoga!
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #162 on: Jan 16, 2012, 08:08 AM »
yeah i did not see anyone else out there. Then i am sure because they saw me out there 2 other guys showed up.
[img width=106 height=80]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i336/roundlakeNY/is.png[/img

Offline fundad01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #163 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:06 PM »
ENCON was out today. Went in to the house for 15 - 20 mins watching tip ups from window and got ticketed for leaving my spread. Also went through my gear without asking. First time in 30 years of fishing. Not a bad to review the laws and regs before you head out.

???

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #164 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:09 PM »
If you could see your tips you were in attendance...  Guess you'll have to tell the judge.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #165 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:36 PM »
I drove around the south end of Lake George. Million dollar beach is totally open water, Dunhams too. Harris was froze up to the mouth of the bay, but...not yet
Meat is murder....tasty, tasty murder

Offline mhartman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #166 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:41 PM »
good idea

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #167 on: Jan 16, 2012, 06:45 PM »
   Also got on lonely good 4" but still some thin spots.
do you travel the pathway through the woods off exit 14 down to lonely or another way in?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #168 on: Jan 19, 2012, 09:08 AM »
That is the only "public" way in.  I have permission from a home owner to park at his house and get on the lake.  He charges my $5 but whatever.   He was not around when i went over the weekend but I assume I still have permission  because my car was still there lol.   He keeps a spot plowed out to park.   I have seen a couple other people parked there but not so sure they have permission I hope they dont ruin it by just thinking they can park there.     

So how is everyone doing so far?   I think just about all the water ways are locked up. This thread was like 9 pages back.    I know its been kinda slow for me.  Skunked last 3 times i went.   I kind of see a trend this year with alot of people not doing good in thier spots.  My opinon is that all this flooding we had over the summer really messed things up.   Alot of the water is still muddy and alot of erosion happend so that could move structure that was there before and also and new structure.     Well lets not forget about this thread and try to keep it up.    Good luck   captial region     tight lines   :tipup:

Offline jig_a_fish94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #169 on: Jan 19, 2012, 10:07 AM »
i also went out last weekend and got skunked :sick: made me sick. hopefully it will get better as time goes on  :tipup:
FISH ON!!!

Offline roundlakeNY

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #170 on: Jan 19, 2012, 10:14 AM »
ENCON was out today. Went in to the house for 15 - 20 mins watching tip ups from window and got ticketed for leaving my spread. Also went through my gear without asking. First time in 30 years of fishing. Not a bad to review the laws and regs before you head out.

???

what lake were u on?

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #171 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:16 AM »
, i got skunked on sunday. such a beautiful day too. but like you said ed, it is atrend around the state i think. well, the places that have ice of course. hahaha. not only did the flooding have an effect on alot of the lakes, but also that cold front that rolled in last friday night. i have a feeling that had a huge impact on the fishing. i was out on paradox and saw about 15 guys and no one was runningafter or getting flags. i have a good feeling bout this week though.

my reports were on paradox lake thread if anyone is interested. will hopefully have "GOOD" updates after this weekend.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #172 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:29 AM »
Even the rock bass are tight lipped...
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #173 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:31 AM »
sunday was aweful for us too, but Saturday was very good and Monday was spectacular!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #174 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:35 AM »
I'm gonna find something today!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #175 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:52 PM »
where were ya big red? what were u getting?

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #176 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:12 PM »
Went to Moreau today 1 flag 1 bite on the jig and that was the only fish I marked. 6-7 inches of ice and it was moaning and gurgling all day. Going to Toga in the morning hopefully I'll get into them because I won't be out again till next weekend.

Offline mohawkmonsters

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #177 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:46 PM »
how about thompsons is it safe yet

Offline lockdown199

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life to the fullest
« Reply #178 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Mohawk you ever have any luck there? I've been there several times and just can't seem to find anything, but I will be there again once its good to go.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #179 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Got into a school of shiners tonight.... Better than the Skunk!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.