Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: RICE LAKE REPORT  (Read 1391 times)

Madtrapper

RICE LAKE REPORT
« on: Jan 27, 2005, 09:25 AM »
ME AGAIN--If you went perch and perch and more perch go to Rice in the a.m.,had the grandson with, he is 4, a good time for kids,no northerns today, but fun-- ;DMadtrapper--

Offline ice-aholic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: RICE LAKE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2005, 04:28 PM »
love to catch perch, where is rice, and how big were the perch?

Madtrapper

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2005, 05:57 PM »
ME AGAIN-- ;DRice Lake is south of Lake Mills by the golf course--a nice drive on road between two homes--20 keepers in 50 fish---I hear storys of slab perch on Pickel Lake south of Albert Lea on hiway 69 off an island on the lake going to check it out---Madtrapper---

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Glad to hear the perch are hitting.  I've only been there a few times, years ago when I used to hunt ducks.  Any suggestion for a place to start drilling holes up there?  The west end still closed off for Canadians (birds that is)?

Tom

Madtrapper

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2005, 09:16 AM »
ME AGAIN--I go north of the the line of houses--all around that part of the lake, about 6 feet water there drive on and look for all the tracks-----

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2005, 10:47 PM »
Made it to Rice Lake today.  Got a  half-dozen at mid-afternoon, 3 keepers, one 11".  Died off by 5:00.  No wind, was great sitting outside for a change.  I'd like to make it up there another day soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.