Author Topic: skaguay ice reports or conditions  (Read 660 times)

Offline snotsickles08

• IceShanty Rookie
skaguay ice reports or conditions
« on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:49 AM »
i was wondering if anyione had been to skaguay yet and if so how thick was the ice and what were the conditions on the lake?? thinking about hitting it up this weekend. thanks!!

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
Re: skaguay ice reports or conditions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:27 PM »
I have been wondering too! It looked like Fire-n-ice had been but he hasn't mentioned much about how the ice.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2011, 03:54 PM »
As of today, 12/6, I think I'd bet some cash on Skagway being good to go. It's always a week or two ahead of 11 Mile. Being down in that hole and protected from the wind, more or less, it seems to put on some very solid ice early. Fun lake to fish especially if you've got kids or you like a lot of action. My best day last year was thirty fish in two hours but they were all right at 11". Maybe I caught the same little fish thirty times. If you're waiting for 11 Mile to get safe, Skagway is a good place for a tune-up. Pink or white micro-tubes work best for me but they don't seem overly picky. Eggs are also good. Good luck.
Stinky
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Skaguay had abouut 5 inches of ice with one small spot of open water. Ice seemed more safe than the ice at Tarryall which was a little shakey! Caught 30+ stockers. Dead stick with a light bite!

Offline snotsickles08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2011, 07:37 AM »
thanks for the info guys!! yeah i usually always do pretty good at skaguay!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.