Author Topic: Trying Out the JawJacker  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Big Musky

• IceShanty Rookie
Trying Out the JawJacker
« on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:34 AM »
Trying out the JawJacker at Officer's Gulch and the Snake River inlet to Dillon Reservoir. It worked well, and I can't wait to load it up with a heavy rod and braided line and take it out for Lakers. I think it's a great way to fish your deadstick rod. I will report back when I have tried it for Lakers and Walleye. The heavier the rod you put in it the harder it hits 'em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zyBOXXOqPA

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Trying Out the JawJacker
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Nice video. She sure had some fun I see. That JawJacker is cheaper than the Automatic fisherman isn't it? How much ice was at the Snake Inlet? That is where you got the Salmon? And Is OG those little ponds at the end of the OG? Just wondering I don't get over there to fish anymore,I just stay on the Western Slope.
<===Lefty===

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Looks cool it would be worth getting..
FISH ON

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:56 AM »
That thing looks pretty cool. If I ever want to buy one of those hook setting devices, I would consider this one.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:12 AM »
i like the looks of that thing, all aluminum right? not going to be bending/breaking  that thing in the sled!

ps- i youtube subscribed so i can see this walleye vid you want to make!

Offline Big Musky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Thanks for the Sub. The product is plastic not aluminum, but well made. Snake river inlet has 5 inches ice, and should be good for the kokes for awhile. Og is right past silverthorne on the OG exit. I am pretty excited about trying it on those light biting Lakers we have here. I will definately post something on that - I'm hoping it will whack 'em.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Have you ever fished the Blue Mesa for the Lakers? Or are you a Granby Guy?
<===Lefty===

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2011, 11:17 AM »
was just on their website... not legal in MN ..... boooooooooooooooo! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Offline mn man 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Are any of the self setting tip ups legal in MN?

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2011, 05:12 PM »
Mine is in the mail. I whispered in Santa's ear.  The hair trigger on that thing is awesome a 2" 'gill set it off in their promo video.

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Are any of the self setting tip ups legal in MN?

Nope, page 9 of the regulations. Considered a spring device.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Nope, page 9 of the regulations. Considered a spring device.

10,000 lakes and 10,000 rules.... i bet there are less gut hooked fish using this than just dead sticking a rod.... i love the environment, i really,really do..but the nature narks have too much time to make up rules without thinking about the positives of it. if they are so dangerous and a threat to overfishing or whatever the reason behind it,why are they legal in every state in America but two?!?!?

sorry for the tiny rant, but i was really excited for one of these..anyone knows why we have the spring law lemme know!

Offline Big Musky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:17 AM »
Yeah there is no common sense to that rule. What is the other state they are illegal in?

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:18 PM »
this is fro their site-

7. The Jawjacker is legal in most states and some provinces.
The Jawjacker should be legal in your state or province as long you don’t live in Minnesota or New Jersey and your fishing regulations don’t state that spring loaded hooks or spring loaded devices are prohibited. Be sure to check your local fishing regulations to make sure the Jawjacker is legal in your area.

some sates allow 5 or 6 lines in the water per fisherman, here in mn we are only allowed 2! i cant understand why we shouldnt be allowed to do what we like with those two lines, but in good measure.. i think instantly setting the hook on a fish is better than letting it swallow the hook on a dead stick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.