Author Topic: Do you remember  (Read 327 times)

Offline CO_ICE_POSSE

• IceShanty Rookie
Do you remember
« on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:15 AM »
the last (sorry, per forum rules, it's gotta be a clean one) joke your dad told you while ice fishing?

If not, give up his most recent 'clean' joke   We need something to do 'til safe hardwater's here in full force!

My Dad hadn't ice fished for 30 years before his passing in '05 but I still remember his final joke he told me while out on the ice- it went like this

A man and his wife were sleeping and around 3AM they heard a knock on the door with a plea for help.  The husband refused to answer the door and the wife kept pestering him to check out the situation.  Realizing her nagging wouldn't stop until he went ballistic or down the stairs - He chose the stairs, once by the door he grabbed the bat next to the door, opened the door about a foot, and then stepped back to get a chance at a proper swing - SILENCE, nobody there...   
He thought to himself, this is a prank and also one great reason to go back to bed and show the wife she's wrong again!

No sooner under the covers and the wife asks him,'What happened?'. He kept his answer  short - 'PRANK', but knew within that this wasn't going to end well for him.  She began to nag him all the more about it and then she drew the card about the time he needed help at 3AM when stranded on a roadside and a homeowner nearby helped him out in his hour of need.

Sure enough, the latest late night argument had started and ended with her the victor (again). Before he knew it the slippers were back on and down the stairs he was shuffling while muttering how thankful he was to be free from nagging for even one solitary minute.

He opened the door and yelled, 'Hello!  You still out there?'   

The voice said, "Yesssssh! Pleazzzzzze Help Me!"   

The homeowner replied, "What's wrong?"   

An answer came with a bit of a slur and stammering, "I, I, I  I needs a push"   

The homeowner replied as he starts walking forward, "Where are you"

-silence
-silence
-silence
and then the voice cried out, "Over hears!"

The homeowner answered, "Oh C'mon it's 3AM!  Where exactly are you?"

The voice said, "Overs heres on the rights sides of your big old house!..."
   "ON THE SWINGSET"......

Up the stairs he went and the argument went on until sunrise...

Offline hfnyo09

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Do you remember
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Good idea. Not from my dad but an older friend.

Two 90 year-old buddies, Bob and Bill, had been friends all of their lives.

When it was clear that Bill was dying, Bob visited him every day.

One day Bob said, “Bill, we both loved the outdoor sports all our lives.  We both started fishing in your daddy’s pond at age 6.  We took the safety course together and started deer hunting at age 14.  Please do me one favor: when you get to Heaven, somehow you must let me know if there's fishing and hunting there.”

Bill looked up at Bob from his deathbed and said, “Bob, you've been my best friend for many years.  If it's at all possible, I'll do this favor for you.”  Shortly after that, Bill passed on.

At midnight a few nights later, Bob was awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him, “Bob, Bob.”

“Who is it?” asked Bob, sitting up suddenly. “Who is it?”

“Bob wake up -- it's me, Bill.”

“You can’t be Bill. Bill just died.”

“I'm telling you, it's me, Bill,” insisted the voice.

“Really? Bill? Where are you?”

“In Heaven,” replied Bill. “I have some really good news and a little bad news.”

“What’s the good news?”  asked Bob.

“The good news,” Bill said, “is that there's outdoor sports in Heaven. Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it never rains.  It’s really great.  One guy brings the eats, another brings the beer, and we use the third guy’s boat to fish.  And best of all, we can hunt or fish all we want, and we never get tired.  And, you should see the size of the whitetail bucks up here”

“That's fantastic, said Bob. “It's beyond my wildest dreams! So what's the bad news?”

“You’re buying the beer Monday.”
 ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.