Author Topic: Whats going on in the north  (Read 1248 times)

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
Whats going on in the north
« on: Nov 27, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Has anyone been fishing north of Little Bear Lake, Big Sandy? I was down on the Ice at Deschambault today 30 yards of had 10 inches of ice. Didnt wet a line though. Any news is welcome. I have heard there are guys walking out to the first point on Limestone already. Right on!!!! Will be posting all the news from the north so stay tuned to the Fishing Farmer, Who did you like that Colin,LOL

Offline hugh2bee

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whats going on in the north
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Hello Ash  Just wondering how the ice and fishing is going?  You might not remember me but a couple years ago I was with couple guys( Laveques)and we sledded in the Maynard to their cabin we parked uor truck in your yard. When we got out you invited us in to your place for some drinks.  Anyway I remembered you were working on a rental place in your garage, I was wondering if that is still available.  You can email me at [email protected] thanks
Joe

Offline frozencanuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Just went to Boire today and it was awesome, lots of jack and quite a few perch. 10 inches of ice. Great weather.  That is all so far.
Live to fish forced to work

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Just wondering about ice/snow/fishing reports for Deschambault area including limestone lake. Hoping to get up there when ice is thick enough to drive on and people are safe driving to Ballentyne Bay. Any info appreciated! Thanks

Offline mikeo2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Just went to Boire today and it was awesome, lots of jack and quite a few perch. 10 inches of ice. Great weather.  That is all so far.

Any size to the perch? hoping to hit up Boire between xmas and new years.  Also, hows the road in after the big wind storm last year?  Truck accessible or is it quad/snowmobile now?

Offline frozencanuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:23 PM »
the road is good, ice is thick almost 2 feet near the boat launch. that is where i was catching the fish. the perch that i was catching were 12 inches each. the road has been cleared since the windstorm and you can drive in.
Live to fish forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.