This board sponsored in part by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 160937 times)

filetandrelease

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #40 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:59 AM »
Need directions?  ::)

Long range forecast, starting late next week, is looking promising  @)

if i get lost i'll call ya  ;D

Aminitaverosa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:24 PM »
i fish true northern new york.  lake champlain, hudson river, lake george, saranac lake, and my favorite are the hundreds of small Adirondack ponds

Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:26 PM »
i fish true northern new york.  lake champlain, hudson river, lake george, saranac lake, and my favorite are the hundreds of small Adirondack ponds
Those sweet, sweet ADK ponds. We need cold temps asap.

Aminitaverosa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:28 PM »
i know! its been so warm. my prediction is december 10th

Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:33 PM »
I hope you are right. Last year I was on the ice Dec. 16th.

Aminitaverosa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:36 PM »
i was on the ice the 9th of december last year. so im keeping my fingers crossed

Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:39 PM »
This year I have no college limiting my ice fishing time so I am breaking out my early ice gear and spud.

Aminitaverosa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:41 PM »
thats great! good luck!

joey

• IceShanty Rookie
  • These pretzel's are making me thirsty
« Reply #48 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:10 AM »
Does anyone here know of any Crappie and Bluegill action near Massena/Waddington. I'm new up here and have heard of the occasional crappie in Coles Creek but was wondering if there were any nearby locations that held these fellas? Also, was wondering about Norwood Lake. Seemed like a decent body of water for panfish. Any info appreciated.

So far since I've been up here all I hear about in this area is Hawkins Point and Coles Creek...... There's too much water out there for these to be the only two safe ice / fishable locations..... Like I said ANY info is appreciated for any and all species in this area of NNY.

nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #49 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:28 AM »
tupper lake, saranac chains, and few other local productive small lakes......
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #50 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:39 AM »
ICE DOG 69 checking in!   YEAH !!!!!!!  I can feel it in the blood, I swear I turn into a snowman come ICE time.  Up till last year I never wore gloves on the ICE, sucks getting OLD at 41 now I am starting to slow a bit but with the age also comes the experience and I am looking forward to hitting my favorite Walleye and perch spots on the St. Lawrence as well as hammering the perch on my home lake, Chateaugay Lake!

Glad to be back on the Shanty!  Couple more weeks of hunting then I will be a regular!
hey Ice Dog, we gotta hook up this year, i will keep my eye on the" pond" and let you know!!!
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

FISHFORPIKE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Phil
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Does anyone here know of any Crappie and Bluegill action near Massena/Waddington. I'm new up here and have heard of the occasional crappie in Coles Creek but was wondering if there were any nearby locations that held these fellas? Also, was wondering about Norwood Lake. Seemed like a decent body of water for panfish. Any info appreciated.

So far since I've been up here all I hear about in this area is Hawkins Point and Coles Creek...... There's too much water out there for these to be the only two safe ice / fishable locations..... Like I said ANY info is appreciated for any and all species in this area of NNY.
Don't hear much about Norwood "Pond".  They use to stock that with Walleye but I do not know the status.  I would bet there are decent Pike in there.  Crappie in the Waddington area - there are a few spots; Whitehouse Bay and the waters to the inland side of the bridge in Waddington (upstream from the boat launch).  Then there is Black Lake.
Retired!

Aminitaverosa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2011, 11:01 AM »
tupper lake, saranac chains, and few other local productive small lakes......

if you are up in that area, i would make the journey to black lake.  there are massive crappie in there. 

nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #53 on: Nov 27, 2011, 11:05 AM »

if you are up in that area, i would make the journey to black lake.  there are massive crappie in there.
would like to someday but almost a 2 hour drive for me, too many other good places around here to fish. granted, not for crappie, but everything else

pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #54 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:29 PM »
looking forward to fishing black lake for the first time.

sanko

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Nov 27, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Think cold think ice  and little snow

joey

• IceShanty Rookie
  • These pretzel's are making me thirsty
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Don't hear much about Norwood "Pond".  They use to stock that with Walleye but I do not know the status.  I would bet there are decent Pike in there.  Crappie in the Waddington area - there are a few spots; Whitehouse Bay and the waters to the inland side of the bridge in Waddington (upstream from the boat launch).  Then there is Black Lake.

Appreciate the info. Yeah I hear the Pike action in these parts is pretty good, I just don't really target those stink log's during hardwater time. Well I'll definatley give it a good effort to pull up as many of those slabs as I can from this area but prob gonna have to venture to Black Lake a few times or so more than likely. Bring on those sub zero temp's already!!!!! :tipup:

FISHFORPIKE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Phil
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:58 PM »
Appreciate the info. Yeah I hear the Pike action in these parts is pretty good, I just don't really target those stink log's during hardwater time.  Bring on those sub zero temp's already!!!!! :tipup:

Best tasting fish there is in the winter months.  Just got to learn how to filet them, that's all.   :flex: :icefish:
Retired!

FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:36 AM »
Ever fish an area on the Oswegatchie called "Chaumont"?  Not the bay off Lake Ontario.  I've seen some nice pike and crappie come from there.

Past the bridge in Richville?  Seen some monster pike come out of there and the ice freezes there first every year...
Get out of the house...go fishing!

FISHFORPIKE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Phil
« Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2011, 06:23 AM »

Past the bridge in Richville?  Seen some monster pike come out of there and the ice freezes there first every year...

This would be just outside of Newton Falls - downstream.  Off the River Road.  River is not generally "crossable" on the ice because of current - the "pond" is other side of the river from the boat launch there.  ;)
Retired!

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.