Author Topic: Ice Fishing Suit  (Read 2133 times)

Offline danerc07

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Fishing Suit
« on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Anyone have any info on the guide gear ice suit? Heres the site http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mens-guide-gear-ice-parka.aspx?a=750470.

Looks like a good price wondering if anyone owns or knows someone who owns either the bibs or the parka. I need a good review!
youtube.com/danerc07

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
Re: Ice Fishing Suit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:08 PM »
saw those also and wondered if they were any good?

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2011, 09:21 PM »
My wife and I both got a set last yr, been real good so far, especially at the price!

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:44 AM »
 Fishing partner bought the Guide Gear ice suit, its the same as my 2007 Vexilar suit, quality garment, cofortable and warm.

Offline danerc07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:19 AM »
Are the bibs warm? I bought a pair of bibs designed for ice fishing last season and they weren't warm at all so I brought them back. That's why I'm a little leary about these!
youtube.com/danerc07

Offline duckbuster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2011, 10:34 AM »
I bought these last year and love them, very warm, waterproof, and the price was right. The one negative is that I found the parka to run just a bit big, however the bibs were true to size.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2011, 10:47 AM »
I bought these last year and love them, very warm, waterproof, and the price was right. The one negative is that I found the parka to run just a bit big, however the bibs were true to size.
x2 i'm with duck buster the parka does run a lil on the big side, but great otherwise.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2011, 11:30 AM »
ordered a set for my missus and myself. Haven't seen them yet, but she is very very impressed with them and she compared them to what was on the rack at Fleet Farm and is very pleased with the purchase!!! 25 days!!! woot woot!

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Anybody have the HyCreek Suit.  It comes in tall.  A big plus for me.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Bought both the parka and bibs last year. Loved em and my freinds that had the Clam suit wished they had saved their money and went with the Guidegear version.
👮👮👮

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:16 PM »
I bought the guide gear suites last year and love them. Like other posters said a 2x jacket is huge om me 6'1 255lbs. it works but the xl is a better fit.if you buy the set the discount each item by like 15 bucks.Hope this helps

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Add on to above post, yes they are very warm and very tough.Padded knees,tons of pockets,you wont be disappointed.I wrote a pretty long post last Jan. on these bibs and parkas that you can find under the clothing section.Hope this helps a little more.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:27 PM »
I'm 5' 11" and 190 lbs. wear size large bib pants and x-large jacket.

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Anybody have the HyCreek Suit.  It comes in tall.  A big plus for me.

I just bought the Hycreek bibs last week. I can't speak as to how they will work until we get some ice, but they are very well constructed and seem to be a quality product. The fit is very good, and I am hard to fit in bibs. Most run too small for me, and I end up very uncomfortable in them. I bought the XXXL/32" inseam on their advice, I usually take XXL, these fit very good, not binding up in the crotch or the straps yanking down on my shoulders. The legs have enough room where you can kneel down without binding up. The knees are double layered with waterproof foam padding in between layers. Same on the butt. Very nice for $109 delivered, and they were here in 2 days from when I ordered them.
  I was going to order the Sportsman's Guide bibs, but I have had fitting issues with their outer wear in the past, and had major issues and costs returning them. SG's shipping was also kinda high. Hycreek picks up the return cost if you need a different size and they really work with you if you call them to make sure that you get the right size the first time. Plus if you sign up for their newsletter they give you free shipping, which on my order was $12.95!
Hopefully, they will be as good as they appear to be once I get out on the ice!

BIGJim223

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:07 PM »
BigJim223 -

Are the Hycreek bib's waterproof from the knees down?  I like how high the bib front comes up - if a company is going to call something a set of "bibs" I want that chest pocket darn it, not a pair of pants with suspenders.  Does the back come up nice and high also?

Wind proof and water resistant would be a huge plus - they're priced just right too.

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:24 PM »
They say they are wind proof and waterproof. I can't say as I have not tried them on the ice yet.  The VELCRO wind flaps on the leg zippers were a nice addition, should really seal the wind and snow out. The back is just as high as the front bib, not like pants with suspenders. I liked the belted waist, too.
  Seems like it is very well made, and after checking out the history of the company I was very impressed with them.

BIGJim223

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.