Author Topic: Fort Qu'Appelle lakes  (Read 58665 times)

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fort Qu'Appelle lakes
« Reply #150 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:20 PM »
So their is still good numbers? Have anyone been pulling good numbers of perch this year? Last year we were pulling 100+ perch out, this year we have almost none! Or is it I'm just not in the right spot?

Offline jready

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Peep the Blog! thelinethroughmyeyes.com
« Reply #151 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:48 PM »
I was on mission this Friday and Today. Friday was a slower day. Hand full of perch and maybe 5 eating size walleye. Today I was out only for about 3 hours. basically within 10 minutes of being there I landed a 5 pounder. Felt great to catch something with some size to it. the rest of the day consisted of  4 around 2 pounds each. Only one perch landed and if they were there they defiantly weren't biting.

I was happy with the day. Not being able to drive on was a pain in the ace tho!

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #152 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:17 AM »
Today was better fishin than the few days and managed 5 pike, 2 walleye, couple perch and 3 burbot. Girlfriend had the biggest catches of the day with a 8lb pike and 3.4lb walleye. Will be heading back out to the shack tomorrow hoping the bite picks up

MikeMiller

« Reply #153 on: Jan 04, 2012, 06:20 PM »
was at the hatchery today from 930 till 2 managed to get 22 perch 4 walleye between me and brother

Offline treeplucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Jan 04, 2012, 06:57 PM »
limited out with perch on Katepwa today 12 till 3, another buddy caught his limit in front :icefish of the balcarres grid hill in about hour and a half

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #155 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Wondering if anyone has been on Mission and if it has slowed down.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #156 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:31 PM »
Went out to shack today at luthren point on pasqua, only managed one pike on the rod but hammered the pike on the tip ups all day. Caught 13 pike biggest just over 5lbs. Didn't see many other people catching and there were quite a few out around the point.  Shack froze into ice with this warming and freezing have to bring out the axe and pry bar next weekend. Any body been down on the far west end of pasqua and are the walleye still biting there? The walleye bite at luthren point has died right off.

MikeMiller

« Reply #157 on: Jan 10, 2012, 09:20 AM »
took the big diesel and heavy shack on the ice yesterday started at mission was slow so drove on pasqua dropped shack fished from 7pm till 11:30pm got 5 walleye 5 dogs and 1 perch after 11:30 never seen nothing on flashed stayed till 12:30am ice was sketchy buddy said it was 16 inches so i was driving drill was only 13 inches thick didnt drive to far

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #158 on: Jan 10, 2012, 09:34 AM »
Dont worry its just a dodge! ;D Ive had the dmax on the big lake for 3 weeks now but I think im going to get old reliable running this week, my 2 door yukon 4x4.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Jan 10, 2012, 04:42 PM »
wondering if anyone is driving on mission down stream of the ski hill towards camp knowles?

Offline saskjimmy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #160 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Didn't see anyone out that way on Sunday.  There is a fairly large ice heave a few hundred yards past the ski hill. Goes from shore then curls in towards the creek.

Offline thebigshowshel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #161 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Hello,
We are new to this site but found it very interesting to read all the comments and find out a bit about fishing around the area. 
My wife and I have been trying to get out ice fishing more over the past couple of years but don't know where to go around the Regina area. 
We have fished out at Katepwa Point out from where the boat launch would be but don't really know any other places to go, or at least how to get there or what they are called.  We drove around Fort Qu'Appelle last weekend trying to find a place to get onto the lake but we don't know where we can drive, what is private land or what different points are called. 
I've read mention of a reference around the ski hill but don't know what or where that would be.  Or how to get down to access the lake from there. 
Also, we don't know exactly where each of the sections of the lakes are such as Mission and Pasqua.  We know Echo is West of Fort Qu'Appelle at Echo Lake Provincial Park.  But it sounds like people fish around the fish hatchery as well.  Is that just outside of Fort Qu'Appelle? 
I know people don't want to give away their favorite fishing spots but we would at least like to know where abouts to go for some outdoor ice fishing fun together.  And at least how to access different fishing areas.  There are so many places of opportunity. 
Anyway, thanks for any info and suggestions, it is greatly appreciated.
Take care and happy fishing!
Good luck!   :)
thebigshowshel

MikeMiller

« Reply #162 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:16 PM »
theres a big ice heave there i dont think you can get across it and i woujld not recommend driving that far the long way

MikeMiller

« Reply #163 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Hello,
We are new to this site but found it very interesting to read all the comments and find out a bit about fishing around the area. 
My wife and I have been trying to get out ice fishing more over the past couple of years but don't know where to go around the Regina area. 
We have fished out at Katepwa Point out from where the boat launch would be but don't really know any other places to go, or at least how to get there or what they are called.  We drove around Fort Qu'Appelle last weekend trying to find a place to get onto the lake but we don't know where we can drive, what is private land or what different points are called. 
I've read mention of a reference around the ski hill but don't know what or where that would be.  Or how to get down to access the lake from there. 
Also, we don't know exactly where each of the sections of the lakes are such as Mission and Pasqua.  We know Echo is West of Fort Qu'Appelle at Echo Lake Provincial Park.  But it sounds like people fish around the fish hatchery as well.  Is that just outside of Fort Qu'Appelle? 
I know people don't want to give away their favorite fishing spots but we would at least like to know where abouts to go for some outdoor ice fishing fun together.  And at least how to access different fishing areas.  There are so many places of opportunity. 
Anyway, thanks for any info and suggestions, it is greatly appreciated.
Take care and happy fishing!
Good luck!   :)
thebigshowshel

ski hill is on mission can get to it there is a goat path beside the bride can get to the lake by there theres lots of shacks there
the far west lake by the standing buffalo is pasqua then echo then mission then katepwa.
theres always good fishing on echo by the river mouth theres a few shacks out there right now if not infront of the hatchery is pretty good or was have not been there in awhile
hope this info helps you any other question you need i or other people can try and help you on just ask

good luck out there be safe

Offline thebigshowshel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #164 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Thanks so much, all the information is greatly appreciated! 
We don't really know anyone else around here that does any ice fishing so this is exactly what we needed. 
This has already been such an awesome experience and we just joined this forum today. 
I look forward to hearing more and sharing our own experiences.
Thanks again for taking the time to share and provide us with some helpful hints and advice.
When you say fishing on the echo at the river mouth, do you mean the south end of echo towards the fort?
Take care and good luck!
thebigshowshel  :)

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #165 on: Jan 10, 2012, 11:30 PM »
fished at mission in front of the ski hill 3 times the past few weeks:

- in 5 ft of water on dec 26 - 17 perch
- in 5 feet of water a few hundred feet away from first spot on jan 7 - 4 perch
- in 10 feet of water a few hundred feet away from 2nd spot on jan 8 - 2 perch, 1 walleye, 1 pike
"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

MikeMiller

« Reply #166 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:08 AM »
north side of the river by the park closer to the reserve theres a few shacks out there north of the open water

MikeMiller

« Reply #167 on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:30 PM »
heading out to pasqua tomorrow ill tell you guys how we do

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #168 on: Jan 12, 2012, 06:07 AM »
wondering how the fishing is on echo, hatchery or  B say tah? Can you drive at both?

Offline Outdoors guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #169 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:53 AM »
how thick is the ice on the lakes out there
I'd rather be fishing

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #170 on: Jan 12, 2012, 04:59 PM »
wondering how the fishing is on echo, hatchery or  B say tah? Can you drive at both?

Last weekend at the hatchery was slow for us. I definately wouldn't drive to the hatchery but there were trucks on the ice at b say tah.  In fact, b say tah was the ONLY place on the lake we saw trucks.
Still counting.....

MikeMiller

« Reply #171 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:07 PM »
i put my shack on pasqua drove for a good mile with my dodge diesel placed my 5000 pound shack to was out today cought 23 walleye all around the 1-1.5 range 20 perch 10-14 inches long and 4 pike 3-8 pound range got there at 7 left at 3:30 cought most of them in the am fishing in 18 feet of water

Offline thebigshowshel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #172 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Hi MikeMiller,
Was that on the North side of Pasqua or the South side? 
Thanks! 
Great day out there!  Must have been an awesome time!

Offline whitecat26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #173 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Anyone know how katepwa has been lately? Im thinking of going on by the points, there is probably a little current going through there.

Offline taillite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #174 on: Jan 12, 2012, 09:42 PM »
hello
can you tell me if there is any lodging around the Qu'Appelle lakes for winter ice fishing?  and is it best to get around
with sleds ?
thank you for any info

MikeMiller

« Reply #175 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Hi MikeMiller,
Was that on the North side of Pasqua or the South side? 
Thanks! 
Great day out there!  Must have been an awesome time!

North side of pasqua

Offline thebigshowshel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #176 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:25 PM »
North side of pasqua

Cool, thanks alot!

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #177 on: Jan 14, 2012, 05:33 PM »
hello
can you tell me if there is any lodging around the Qu'Appelle lakes for winter ice fishing?  and is it best to get around
with sleds ?
thank you for any info

there is some lodging at Katepwa beach

Offline taillite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #178 on: Jan 14, 2012, 07:51 PM »
ok thanks , we booked a spot there. can you get around best with sleds between the lakes or do you have to drive?

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #179 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Went to Echo today! 18 perch, but it was too warm inside the shack without the heater on  ;D no gloves, no jacket, couldnt ask for a better day to be fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.