Author Topic: OK.... based soley off of all of YOUR posts, threads and discussions....  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The measure of a man is how he carries himself"
This is what I will be hitting the ice with:

26” frabill ice hunter quick tip (tica cetus gv500)
28” Jason Mitchell Meat Stick M with fast tip (Mitchell advocet II gold)
28" fenwick elite tech ice rod ML x 2(oscillate HG100)(one of my other reels)
28” st croix UL (Mitchell advocet II gold)

will spool the st. croix with suffix 2lb ice magic, the JM meat stick with 4lb berkley nanofil, the frabil with 4lb P-line CX fluorocarbon, and the two fenwicks with 6lb P-line CX fluorocarbon. 

Have ordered jigs and spoons from CJ&S, Jammin Jigs, Marmish, and numerous rapala's..... (not to mention the polaris sportsman, nanook, lakemaster sd card and the showdown 5.6 and troller.....)  I think I am all set....

Bar any further advice of all of you esteemed gentleman....  ;)

surflizard

Nice set up Hardcharger, covered it pretty well ! The only addition I can think of to add to the list is a chisel to check the ice, if you don't already have one ?

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
great setup!!  looks like your ready for a fillet knife ^^

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
I hope all of that wasn't purchased in one sitting!!!  I can see it now...WAIS  (Wives Against Ice Shanty) ha!
  BE THERE!

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
Ok, you have the gear, now go find the fish!

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
I hope all of that wasn't purchased in one sitting!!!  I can see it now...WAIS  (Wives Against Ice Shanty) ha!

I know my wife would join in a heart beat.
I'm up to 500 and change this year and I haven't even started getting the wheeler rigged up yet.
What is the best accessory's for a Polaris sportsmen 4X4 I know I want vbar chains and an auger rack I will build that though.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

surflizard

An extended bar on the stock hitch to get the portable tow hitch and bars away from the rear tires when you turn, learned that lesson the hard way first trip out ! :'(

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
ok, spud... check.   filet knife....check.   finding the fish...ah....um.... fingers crossed, silent prayer, now what did i do with that horseshoe?  ::)
long hiatis, long story.... and i happen to have a missus that fully supports and takes part in this enterprise.... (and she got her landscaping,  new bathtub, new outifts and new living room furniture out of this long "work trip" i am on so isnt arguing with my online shoppin spree)  yep, she's a keeper!!! y'all stay safe out 'ar.....

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this

Ha love it! My wife would join!  ;D :tipup:

Sounds like you have a good set up Charger. Have some fun getting out there with your boys and find some fish!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline LDB_Bass_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Don't worry, you'll always find something else to add next year.
FTAA Member: Fishing Tackle Addictions Anonymous

Offline ihavethetools

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like you've got all the bases covered. Didn't see an auger mentioned though ????

Offline Hardcharger07

• Team IceShanty Regular
oh I have an odd assortment of old jig poles.... the old family Jiffy... (same one pop had when i was in high school, which runs like a champ), lazer hand auger also.... the spud is an old one me and my brother would take down to the lower lake back before i could drive!!  half a dozen old beaver dams and all the old jigs and spoons from the old days.... So exactly when did Icefishn get so "high tech".... Really stoked about this season.... with just moving home last fall didnt really get out but acouple times last winter, more for old times sake than anything else.... but THIS year!! So needless to say I am awfully stoked about it!!! AND i will have the time to get out!  And after being gone for the the last 71/2 months looking forward to getting the boys out!! V/R

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
A drinking buddy, I mean fishin' buddy.  LOL or someone who can do both.  Meaning drink and catch fish.  ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Those new long handled frbill ice scoops are nice and some gamakatsu hooks.
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.