Author Topic: Blackstrap  (Read 35255 times)

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blackstrap
« Reply #240 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:19 AM »
I did forget to mention that I am still skunked on the tip up. It's not like I'm targeting jack but still kind of weird that nothing has hit it.

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #241 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:49 AM »
So i was out this weekend, and got skunked. First time in a long time... I find that when i do go on weekends i come home empty handed. Go during the week, i always bring something home. Im starting to think, its alil noisey under the ice for there's alot of traffic on the ice during weekends. I may be wrong, but that's my theory... Hoping to get out there tomorrow, and we will see if im right or just got luck durring the week.  ;D
[/quote.........................I agree x2

Offline Finnegan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #242 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Agreed. I only ever fish here during the week. Never been skunked yet.
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #243 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Went to the strap today around noon fished till 5:30 and caught over a hundred perch myself a lot of small ones but caught  25 over 8 inches and brought home my limit. Was a nice day out there. No traffic on the lake either. Going out again this weekend hope the bite is still the same. Fished in about 24 fow. Moved 4 times before i found them on my flasher.

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #244 on: Feb 09, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Went to the strap today around noon fished till 5:30 and caught over a hundred perch myself a lot of small ones but caught  25 over 8 inches and brought home my limit. Was a nice day out there. No traffic on the lake either. Going out again this weekend hope the bite is still the same. Fished in about 24 fow. Moved 4 times before i found them on my flasher.

I was out around the same time. I had lots of fish chasing on the flasher, but the bite was very light. When I did get one they were generally 5 inches. What a piss off. Maybe got 4 over 5 inches. What area were you fishing? I was down shore from the big bay on the North East of the lake. I was fishing 9 - 26 fow. Cheers

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #245 on: Feb 09, 2012, 02:01 PM »
All I'm going to say is I was the closest black truck to you. And I caught many over 5 but lots less then 5 and lost either 3-4 big perch or small walleye. Were there three trucks at your camp there?.... Also found if I used small maggots I caught small perch as soon as I put down meal worms the big boys came in. Went through 2 and a half packs of bait . Was fun even though some are tiny.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #246 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:43 PM »
ive been having good luck evening and night fishing.
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #247 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:58 AM »
Hey fishing fever how late do you fish at night? I've tried it but only caught small jacks and burbot at night. What are you catching after dark? 

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #248 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:00 AM »
the average night is 9-10. i usually only go for jack, but even though i have perch nibbling at my bait makes it frustrating. i have yet seen any burbot at blackstrap an didnt know they were even there. the average jack for me is 4-5lb range.  i dont catch alot at night but one here an there after sunset is nice. heading out today,(friday) come by the shack, say hi, warm up ect.... north end black truck. theres only one maybe two people out durring the week so its nice an quiet.

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #249 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Wish I could head out there today but probably won't make it out again until the long week-end. Good luck and let me know how you did.

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #250 on: Feb 11, 2012, 07:37 PM »
Had a good day again on the strap. three of us caught 75+ perch and most of them jumbo. the small ones were staying away today witch was nice. saw some really big perch on camera close to 2lbs, but couldn't get them to bite. caught one white fish also around 2lbs. w. largest perch we caught was 11.5 inches. Bigjumb.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #251 on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Things were pretty slow on the north end today, got one small perch and had one pike bite through the 25lb line on the tip up. Lots of whitefish on the camera today.

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #252 on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Better day than us Bigjumb between the three of us we were able to pull up about 40 and they were all 9-11.5 range still a good day out there is anybody catching eyes or seeing them on the cam what depth thanks in advance!

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #253 on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:25 PM »
we seen a few eyes but were not interested at all. would barely stop to take a look at a hook. 23.1 fow. on the flasher. tried at 20 fow. and the bite was slower.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #254 on: Feb 11, 2012, 11:26 PM »
hey does anyone know if it's pre drilled holes at the strap derby and are shelters used if we have them?

Offline Finnegan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #255 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:04 AM »
I believe the holes are pre-drilled. Only three sided shelters or windbreaks are allowed. No tents or enclosed shelters and no electronics.  :)
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #256 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Thanks for the info about the derby...
Was out at the strap today.... seen a hand full of jack, but not interested till late evening when sun is down... Don't know why they started to bite in late evening, but seems to be working for me.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #257 on: Feb 12, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Was out today fished form 130 till 6 seen about a dozen on the camera through out the afternoon but no interest in biting

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #258 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Went south of the causeway this afternoon after a few trips on the north side for a change of scenery. Started slow, but the guys next to me were seeing perch and walleye on their camera. Gave some thought to packing up at around 5:30pm, but the dinner bell rang and the perch went wild. Filled out a limit of 10-12 inch fatties in less than a half hour, released a couple dozen smaller fish in the same span. Switched over to a bigger presentation to see if the walleye were on the feed, but couldn't entice any of them if they were still around. Nada on the tip-up all day, ranging from 5-20 f.o.w.

Fried the perch up for a late supper and washed them down with a fine craft brew from Paddockwood, perfect end to the weekend.

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #259 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Pretty slow for us today down by Evans rd only managed about 20 25 perch all day lots of jumbos on the cam just couldn't get them to bite

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #260 on: Feb 12, 2012, 10:03 PM »
Was out today fished form 130 till 6 seen about a dozen on the camera through out the afternoon but no interest in biting

You left too early lol

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #261 on: Feb 13, 2012, 05:31 PM »
You left too early lol
thats what I was afraid of, had the gf with me, it was a miracle she was willing to stay out there till 6 as it was, how many you get?

Offline jhepting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #262 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Hey I have never fished BS.  I want to get into some pike and have a bit of a fight,  Any Help for a new fisherman who misses the fight of a BC Salmon.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #263 on: Feb 13, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Hey I have never fished BS.  I want to get into some pike and have a bit of a fight,  Any Help for a new fisherman who misses the fight of a BC Salmon.

hey we caught 3... Ya i seen her come out when u left. haha i thought u and the pooch was alone. Pretty quiet in the shackaroo... lol

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #264 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:55 PM »
Been doing alright on the north end. A tip up with a smelt seems to be what they prefer over anything I have tried on a rod

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #265 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:00 PM »
hey we caught 3... Ya i seen her come out when u left. haha i thought u and the pooch was alone. Pretty quiet in the shackaroo... lol
haha. Might have to head out one these evenings after work try the night bite out

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #266 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:53 AM »
If anyone is heading out during the week can you please post how the bite is. 

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #267 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:55 AM »
I can tell you that usually the bite is better on weekdays due to less traffic.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #268 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Ya I find that too but where we fish there usually isn't that much traffic. Have the brother and nephew coming to fish Sunday and Monday and Im guessing it will be fairly busy out there. Going to have to get out early to beat the crowd.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #269 on: Feb 15, 2012, 12:16 PM »
agree. better during the week. im heading out there now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.