Author Topic: Where do you put your transducer?  (Read 7786 times)

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Where do you put your transducer?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 14, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Sorry guys didn't mean to stir anything up, I just hate to see people lose fish because of a ducer.  And if you are hopping around all day with a hand auger then ya I see yours guys point.  But if you have power auger then why not drill one more.  I guess the frustration comes because I was with a guy once that lost fish one day because of a ducer cable and had a power auger, but would not drill another hole just kept losing fish.  And I had a separate hole for mine and never lost a fish.  He was stub urn and hard headed and just would not do it.  So again sorry fellas.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #31 on: Nov 14, 2011, 02:42 PM »
No need to apologize wyo, it's a good topic and worth discussing. I will always listen to anothers point of view, may not agree all the time but I also may learn something. I always drill a hole for the ducer and 2 to fish out of, but that's just what floats my boat. I don't want to fiddle with the ducer and cord, the way I do it works for me. Might not for the next guy.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 14, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Sorry guys didn't mean to stir anything up, I just hate to see people lose fish because of a ducer.  And if you are hopping around all day with a hand auger then ya I see yours guys point.  But if you have power auger then why not drill one more.  I guess the frustration comes because I was with a guy once that lost fish one day because of a ducer cable and had a power auger, but would not drill another hole just kept losing fish.  And I had a separate hole for mine and never lost a fish.  He was stub urn and hard headed and just would not do it.  So again sorry fellas.

You didn't stir anything up my friend. I have a power auger also. Even when I use the power auger I don't drill an extra hole for the ducer. I catch and release the majority of the time anyway so if I lose a fish it doesn't really matter, although to date I've never really had any problems. I guess I just don't like to drill holes I don't need.

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 15, 2011, 01:09 PM »
As I said earlier..3 holes...transducer in the middle..jig on each side.....but sometimes I get greedy and throw a jig down the middle hole along with the transducer!  LOL
Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Offline ddubs3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2011, 04:55 PM »
I drill a second hole for the transducer....unless I am fishing with my wife.  Then she gets the hole with the transducer and I try to pull it out when she gets a fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.