Author Topic: X67c arrived! impressions /questions  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
X67c arrived! impressions /questions
« on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:17 PM »
My ff arrived today and I'm going nuts to get some ice to try it on and compare it to my ICE 45. I think the advantage already will be in silent running and battery life. It will be different getting used to the scrolling.  I am also interested to fish it in the icemachine mode against my regular flasher to see how they compare. The menus weren't as convoluted as I had expected and I feel reasonably familiar with them. I'll have to read about ping rates and a couple other details but we've still got a little while before decent ice here. Is there any disadvantage to setting it to auto depth and sensitivity? I have a feeling I'll be adjusting the sensitivity to see my jig accordingly. The nightmode looks neat but not all that easy to read. I can't wait to get this thing out and wring it out.

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
Re: X67c arrived! impressions /questions
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:56 PM »
I love mine and all it's features  @)

MTA

:icefish:

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2011, 12:18 AM »
Hey Dog-Duster, Sounds like you are a marksman, ha.
You've probably already found the "Demo" mode. I've found you can play around with most of the settings and maybe/sorta see the results.
 Better yet, I found a post on Iceshanty that'll give you a real head start on a few very important settings for ice and a few fine tunings to see your jig or lure once you/we get ice. Maybe you are beyond the advice given at the link. Only 30 pages and a lot of good stuff. Good luck and enjoy.     Tom

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=search2;params=eJwtzEsOgCAMRdG9OHFsYmQ5BEoTNEhNwV_SxVsMs_vO4LlwuQwYZJRJBvHcysyaJdJtgfYjYUXFRqffEKqlnN4uxNWGlXUFLNBFF2PC_7kROoao-CwGPtIuLEo.;start=0

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2011, 07:04 AM »
I had an x67 for a couple of years and loved it except I upgraded it to the M68 (w/ GPS) because it does double duty for me as a bow mount locator during open water. Do familiarize your self with the manual modes for depth and sensitivity for optimum performance. They're light, battery friendly, quiet and reliable.

As far as the scrolling, there is also an "ice mode" that displays a simulated flasher page you may find interesting.

Enjoy your new toy............

/mike
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Love mine, Definitely play with your sensitivity.  As weird as it sound you may see your jig better when it's turned down.  You'll get used to the scrolling screen.  And the Split zoom...awesome!
I'm cold and I like it

Offline reddot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2011, 11:17 AM »
I love mine too!  I always adjust my own sensitivity depending on depth, size of jig and water clarity.  Battery life is awesome.
You will love it

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Idahogator, I used to get to shoot PDs a bunch more but between competitive shooting eating up my summer and plague hitting my favorite towns I don't get to dust many off lately. Thanks for the thread link, I went back but not far enough back to get the good ones.

My X67 doesn't have the goofy prop rod for the ducer but it did come with another support cable like my Bird. I'm not using it, and I don't on my Ice45 but is Lowrance uptight about warranty stuff or is it just another deal of the patent infringement?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2011, 02:37 PM »
dog duster it's not as bad as you think you will love having the memory on it i only fish mine on graph mode for eyes and perch, hear is a pic of walleyes on the screen and one charging the bait ,and he tasted great ,and i have an fl 18 which is a great unit ,but i'm partial to the 67c

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2011, 03:24 PM »
I am surprised you mentioned the noise and the battery life about your 45.  I own the ICE-55 and the two things I love about it is that it's dead silent and the battery lasts forever

Offline skitterpop

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2011, 06:25 PM »
I just received my x67c today and so far it looks great.  The description at Lowrance said it came with a " unique new float system", the only thing I found looked like a long piece of soft rubber solid tube which I assume  you thread through the hole in the transducer and tie of in an open loop.   An info on how to rig the ice  transducer would be appreciated.

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 21, 2011, 09:03 PM »
SD, mine is normally pretty quiet but it seems to hit a certain harmonic vibration and it rattles on the ice. If I move it a little it gets better but still not silent. I was a little surprised about the battery life too. I'd bet 6 he's straight would have my battery at 30% or less. Most times that's acceptable but sometimes I have to switch to my spare.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2011, 04:43 PM »
The description at Lowrance said it came with a " unique new float system", the only thing I found looked like a long piece of soft rubber solid tube which I assume  you thread through the hole in the transducer and tie of in an open loop.   An info on how to rig the ice  transducer would be appreciated.

New x67 owner here too-- what's the deal w/ the rubber cord? No instructions included to rig transducer. A vex-type float would've been nice...
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline brypauld

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2011, 05:14 PM »
In my opinion, the rubber cord thing is lame...Yes you feed it through the ducer and then each end goes through something on each side of the plastic graph holder housing thing...I found it difficult to adjust and in the way, so I 86'd it and spent $7 on a vex float....works great
You guys will love your graph...Split screen zoom is nice
Turn OFF all the automatic settings
Turn off Fish ID
Make sure Chart manual mode is turned on
Ping and chart speed at 100%
Learn how to set the depth limits

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2011, 07:29 PM »
In my opinion, the rubber cord thing is lame...Yes you feed it through the ducer and then each end goes through something on each side of the plastic graph holder housing thing...I found it difficult to adjust and in the way, so I 86'd it and spent $7 on a vex float....works great
You guys will love your graph...Split screen zoom is nice
Turn OFF all the automatic settings
Turn off Fish ID
Make sure Chart manual mode is turned on
Ping and chart speed at 100%
Learn how to set the depth limits

i trashed mine and made my own float , and get the colors dialed in and pick those bottom huggers up way quick , and 2x and 4x zoom ,and the memory

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 24, 2011, 05:39 AM »

i trashed mine and made my own float , and get the colors dialed in and pick those bottom huggers up way quick , and 2x and 4x zoom ,and the memory

fillet ill be coming to find you if I have any issues with my settings.   :o

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Oct 27, 2011, 07:58 AM »
fillet ill be coming to find you if I have any issues with my settings.   :o

not a problem mark once you get it dialed in the way you want it those bottom hugers stick out like a sore thumb a little tip white back ground helps

Offline Rightarm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Oct 28, 2011, 07:06 PM »
I also ordered a x67 ice machine from Reeds.  I had spoken to a product specilist at Reeds before placing my order, and he recommended that I add the vex float to my order for $5.  I asked him about the statement at the bottom of the description on the website that states "weighted uniplug 200 kHz ice fishing transducer with unique ice transducer float".  He said that he had one in a box sitting right next to him and there was no mention of the float.  I had the box on my porch in a couple  of days. He was right, the box didn't mention the float, but it did come with one.   The X67 float and a stopper  compares very closely to the vex float that I ordered to use with my unit.  So, they do come with a float and it  does not appear necessary to order an additional float.   It also had the rubber cord that threads through a hole in the transducer. I can't imagine that it serves a purpose, unless you are supposed to lift the transducer out of the water with it.  ?  It could be a remnant from the previous system.  Mine did not come with the arm to hold the transducer.   The total was still under $250.00, delivered quickly,  and I have the extra float. Nice unit for the price. 

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 31, 2011, 05:40 AM »
I got mine and have not assembled yet.  there is a float like a vex float in the box.  have not looked at instructions yet.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Oct 31, 2011, 06:35 PM »
so simple a cave man could do it  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.