Author Topic: Otter Project  (Read 19044 times)

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Otter Project
« Reply #60 on: Nov 22, 2011, 06:39 PM »
  This thing gets better and better.   I love the lights.    Nice Workmanship!!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Thank you all for the nice comments, I have put a ton of thought and work into this mod.  I never thought it would go this far, but each time I did something I kept thinking, "you know what would be cool?"  From there is kinda exploded. 

I hope I can meet a lot of you folks this year on the ice.  So if you are ever in NE Indiana fishing and you see the otter being towed by a blue Polaris two up, please stop over and say hello.

Steuben1

Offline infernoxd45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Nov 23, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Love this project!  ;D That looks comfy "a field of picked cotton in the middle of spring"(modded by JT.. NO CUSSING!!!!!!)

Offline infernoxd45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Nov 24, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Love this project!  ;D That looks comfy "a field of picked cotton in the middle of spring"(modded by JT.. NO CUSSING!!!!!!)
lol, that too.. my bad.. saw a couple other h-*-double hockey sticks and thought it was kosher... I shall modify my behavior  ;D

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #64 on: Nov 25, 2011, 06:13 AM »
Thank you all for the nice comments, I have put a ton of thought and work into this mod.  I never thought it would go this far, but each time I did something I kept thinking, "you know what would be cool?"  From there is kinda exploded. 

I hope I can meet a lot of you folks this year on the ice.  So if you are ever in NE Indiana fishing and you see the otter being towed by a blue Polaris two up, please stop over and say hello.

Steuben1

Gonna make it up that way at least once.......look forward to seeing the "palace"!!!!!!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #65 on: Nov 25, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Not from your area, but have been following the thread. I love the build and have one question that I would like to ask. What is the "unfinished" portion  of the sled going to be used for  ???  FISH? And where do you keep your auger, on your sled in a bracket or what? I totally get the reason behind your build! Pulling the Otter behind a snowmobile is the way to go ! One more question though. Where's the Porta Potty? With all those hours on the ice, I know even Superman couldn't hold it that long! LOL... Poop holes in the  ice? Oh, and by the way, the VERY best to you guys "next door" to me in OH!! Hope you need an extra sled just to bring the fish home!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline bigred1974

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:55 PM »
nice job, I did mine very similar, went with a good center console in mine with built in tackle storage

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #67 on: Nov 29, 2011, 05:41 AM »
Very nice lookin shack,only thing i see missing is a 12,24 pitch with some 3-d..maybe a pic of the outside will prove me wrong.. lol

Offline Big - D OBG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 01, 2011, 12:26 PM »
Wow, that is great work

Offline Nevada Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Dec 08, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Great workmanship, you take pride in your work.  I have been thinking about building a new sled, (my fishing partner doesn't think we need one), but she liked yours.  It will be scratch built, if you don't mind I think I will use some of your ideas for storage.
Thank you for sharing!
Nevada Ice
I only walk on the water in the winter season!

Offline ME icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:37 PM »

Steuben1
.                                        Nice job Steuben, so far this is the best quality mod I've seen on a flip over.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #71 on: Dec 29, 2011, 04:50 AM »
GOOD GOD MAN THATS AWESOME AS SNELL!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT CRAFTSMANSHIP!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline crawfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Dec 29, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Where does the TV go?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.