Author Topic: How much stuff do you bring  (Read 4425 times)

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
Re: How much stuff do you bring
« Reply #30 on: Jan 24, 2005, 03:03 PM »
The typical family trip out on the ice....two shanties (one Shappell and one Cabelas build your own), shanty anchors, two Mr. Heaters, the one burner stove and extra propane bottles, pot for hot chocolate, cups, cocoa powder and water, five 5 gal buckets and seats, safety spikes, 30 foot rope, Mustang Survival jacket, cell phone, whistle, flashlight, compass, power auger, map of the lake, 2 slush scoops, bait, bait net, five rods and holders, five tip-ups, tackle box and pocket boxes, HumminBird flasher & battery, AquaVu camera & battery, chaps, Carhart overalls, neoprene gloves, hand towel, extra mittens, a half dozen pocket warmers, two body warmers, a radio and a camera....plus snacks, skates, balls, etc that the kids drag along.
FTD

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2005, 03:07 PM »
too much

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Portable                      ice cleats
Gas Auger                   Thermos or (cups)
Hot chocolate              Rule book
Skimmer                      Pot & Pan
Tackle box                  Butter
Coleman Stove             Knife
Coleman fuel tanks 1lb   Soda
Way too many tip-ups   jig pole
bait bucket & net
Food
Plastic silverware
Paperplates
Toilet paper
If i dont bring it i will need it, if i bring it sometimes i dont need it.    regardless if i dont bring it the other mooches in my crew wont bring it so they bum off me >:( >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D  its ok i usually outfish them ha ha

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Generally I bring my tip ups, bait bucket, jigging rods, ice augers, flasher, tackle, food and drink, and now my aqua view.

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2005, 11:58 AM »
don't forget the pron ;D

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2005, 12:33 PM »
i bring my jiffy auger, tackle bag, 5 gallon pail to hold 3 rods, scoop, minnows dead and alive, sometimes coleman stove and propane tank. I like the elements lol unfortunately no portable shelter yet.  ;D
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Here is one day I was traveling lite!  ;D

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2005, 08:05 PM »
My wife keeps trying to get me to take one of our dogs icefishing with me, but I think with short hair, he'd be miserable. I've taken him to a permanent shack and he was great. Portables are different. That's great that you take yours. What kind is it? It looks like a curly-coated retriever.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2005, 10:06 AM »
My dog won't let me out of the house without her.  She is a lucky dog and gets to go to work with me every day, and fishing on the weekends.  The curled up pad you can see in the picture is a ridge rest camping pad that I let her lay on. She's almost 14 this year, so getting harder for her to get around but she still acts like a puppy when I let her bring fish back to the shack.  She is a Boykin Spaniel from South Carolina, but has got used to the cold here up north.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2005, 07:02 PM »
My wife says that the box of Earl (my Chev Pickup) looks like a homeless person lives in it when ice season comes along. Tent,buddy heater, propane tank, coleman stove, cooking stuff, Jiffy auger, hand auger just in case, 6 tip ups, 3 jigging rods, hand held depth finder, 4 folding chairs, two tv trays,coleman mushroom heater, two tackle boxes, log chain, creepers, 4 buckets, minnow bucket, 3 pairs gloves, old sorrel boots in case of wet feet, thermos of cocao. Jees maybe I should clean some of that crap out of there but I need it all. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.