The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone fish dailey lake  (Read 3172 times)

Offline andy572

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone fish dailey lake
« on: Jan 21, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever fished dailey lake. I have never been there and was just looking for some insight on how to fish it.

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
Re: Anyone fish dailey lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Andy,
I moved from Bozeman to PA a year and a half ago.  I used to fish Dailey thru the ice fairly regularly.  It is known mostly for perch, walleye, and trout.  I fished mostly on the deep end (North).  It is pretty uniform depth of near 20-22 ft as I recall.  I caught good numbers of fish off that point that is past the boat ramp you get to first on the right as you access from Livingston.  Keep going around that end of the lake til you get to the point which should have some big rocks leadin down to the water (no more than 100-200 yards from the boat ramp).  That point is pronounced as it goes underwater and seemed to hold fish.  The main lake had perch about every where in 20 feet of water.  Get you some Swedish Pimples and maggots and you should be good to go.  Would help if you had a sonar too (Vexilar).  Let me know how it fishes for you.  I miss that lake and Canyon Ferry as well.

Limits,
JJT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2005, 09:06 PM »
Lake was more than 25% open this weekend. Other ice was fair to poor condition.

Offline andy572

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:26 PM »
Jig Jig,
Thank you for the great comments. I was going to go this past weekend and Im glad i didnt as someone else posted it is 25 % open. I went to Holter instead based on the FWP fishing report, should have no better than to trust that report! Stopped off at the causeway on the way home and caught a couple of nice ones.

Andy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.