Author Topic: Revolution from Stone Legacy  (Read 5079 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Revolution from Stone Legacy
« on: Jan 19, 2005, 05:21 PM »
I ordered the Revolution case from Stone Legacy a few weeks ago and I've been able to use it on several ice excursions thus far. I have owned many "rod cases" over the years and I have noticed many drawbacks with all of them. First they are soft sided and don't offer much rod/reel protection. Second they are usually not divided and the line and rods get crossed and tangled. Third because they are soft sided and have a liner material the lure hooks usually get snagged. That is all a thing of the past.
Stone Legacy must have had ice fishermen design this case. The Revolution has a hard lining with built in dividers. This allows me to keep my rods pre-rigged and protected (I carry 4). There is an opening at each end with zipper and velcro for easy access. On the topside of the case is a zipper/ velcro pocket which allows me to store gear (lure boxes,radios,etc.) that was previously on the sled floor. They also have two straps on the rear of the case to allow it to be carried "back pack" style. I was really impressed when I wanted to transfer my gear from my Pro to the Jet Sled. I removed the Revolution from the Pro and placed it in the Jet Sled and thought about it. I just transfered four rods, two lure boxes,etc. in about two seconds and everything was protected.
The only draw back I really noticed was when I was ordering. I didn't see very descriptive pictures of the Revolution case but I guess that just made me that much more impressed with it when I recieved it. I'm including some pic's of my case if anyone is interested in the Revolution. This is a well constructed and thought out case.  ;)

Here's a link to the Revolution : http://www.stonelegacy.com/icefish.html#Revolution

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Revolution from Stone Legacy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Not a bad case you got there. I found that I can store my rods right in the box of my sled. Seems to work ok for me.

Cheers,

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Lone Wolf how long of a rod will the case hold.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Big Ice I believe it will hold up to a 36" rod ... you can check the site.  ;)

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I'll check there web Thanks!

P Gottshall

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Lonewolf,

Poor pics is why I haven't ordered yet.  I appreciate you posting these.  I've been trying to decided between this case & a Croxton.

They claim this case will hold 8 rod combo's.  Would you need to shove them in in pairs, or is their another compartment like the one you've shown?  I usually take 5-6 rods; not sure why. . .

Really do appreciate it!
Paul

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Paul one of my previous cases was the Croxton ... no comparison. On the Revolution there is a compartment on both ends such as the one shown. In my opinion this is the best multiple rod case out there. My nephew was so impressed he ordered the Premier rod case ... he only carries two rods. After I see it and use it I will give you some feedback.

P Gottshall

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2005, 07:35 PM »
You sold me.  Just ordered one.  Hope you're on comission!  ;D

I still don't see how 8 rods will fit, but this looks like an excellent design.

Thanks for the advice,
Paul

ps - ordered with free shipping from http://www.midwestrodandreel.com/products/icerod_cases.htm.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2005, 08:30 PM »
Paul I pay just like everyone else :( .
 Just passing along the info  ;) .
 You won't be sorry  ;D .

Doug >))))>

P Gottshall

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:02 PM »
I see Mr Stone.  Or is it Mr Legacy?   ;D ;D ;D

Why am I concerned about carrying more than 4 rods?  Why do I take 15 in my boat when I can only use 3 in IL?  Why do I have so much tackle I need to take three bags with me?  Why did I buy (my wife) a Chevy 4x4?  It's all about being a man

I'm sure I won't be sorry.  I wish I had the money from all the other bags / boxes I've bought that just didn't quite work.  I could buy two of these.  Then I could carry 16 rods. 8)

Appreciate the pics & the advice.  For a moderator you're a pretty good guy.   ;)
Paul

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Thanks Paul ... I'm just trying to help out .  :)

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2005, 12:16 PM »
I too picked up a Revolution this year.  Like mentioned above, it's a great piece of gear.  I don't put my lure boxes in it but carry a couple of Polar in the same space.  I have used it to carry up to eight rods but you do have to double up on the slots, collapse the reel handles and then stagger the reels somewhat in order to make them all fit comfortably.  To look at the bag, you wouldn't think it would carry it all but it does a good job.

Chris Raymond

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2005, 04:16 AM »
Appreciate the pics & the advice.  For a moderator you're a pretty good guy.   ;)

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2005, 09:39 PM »
I got a great deal on a rod holder thingy. I was driving down the road and I saw this pail beside the road. I pulled over and walked back to get it. Now thats within my preferred price range. AND, it doubles as a minnow bucket/fish holder/chair! Try that with any soft rod case! I dont have any pics to post but its kind of a blue color.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

P Gottshall

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2005, 10:02 PM »
Got my case today!  Excellent!!!

Three days plus a weekend - fast delivery!

Paul

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2005, 09:50 AM »
That's great service ...  after you have used it let me know what you think.

P Gottshall

« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2005, 10:20 PM »
55F in central IL today, on 5in of good ice.  Nice!

I like the bag, & think the design is excellent.  I have 4 rods in the main compartment, & an additional one in the top "tackle" compartment.  I slide that one into a 1/3 golf-club tube to protect it.

It's just a little big to fit in my Scout comfortably, but I can deal with it for the protection it gives my rods.

Thx,
Paul

Offline mr.panfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2007, 10:52 PM »
hey guy's "Mr.Panfish" here havent gotten any ice here yet but im thrilled to death to use my new revolution when we finaly do get ice in fact im so thrilled i just might purchase the patton its my understanding it might be for sale!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.