The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Facebook?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
Facebook?
« on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Does Ice Shanty have a facebook page or group? If it does finding a "friending" each other on there might be easier than our usual "hey I'm driving a sand colored X-Terra and I'm parking at the lodge at LMR, come say hi" kind of thing whenever we have a bunch of us all going to be on the same lake on the same day. Just a thought I was having, it may or may not be a good one :)

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
Re: Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2011, 06:25 PM »
I'm on Facebook.  My user name is my real name so just send me a request and put fishing in the message.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2011, 06:33 PM »
space book whats thats ::) ::)
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2011, 06:46 PM »
I read in one of the other forums that some guys daughter called the Shanty "facebook for old guys".  So we don't need facebook.

Offline Jim F

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Get bit!

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:33 AM »

oldschoolben

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:27 AM »
i woold like to learn ho wto use fasebook myself is it similar to the shanty  ???
its differannt than ice shanty i allways thought it was stupid to do but my sister talked me into it and sinse i did i have found 4 old army buds 

Offline YETI_MILK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:53 AM »
its differannt than ice shanty i allways thought it was stupid to do but my sister talked me into it and sinse i did i have found 4 old army buds 

cool ill have to look into it kind of new to computer stuff we just got a laptop a wile ago im defintlylearning
Whats do you drink on the ice? I like beer. any advise is greatly appreciated

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:56 AM »
There is a "ice fishing" thing on facebook you can "like"
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:14 AM »

I have found 44 of the guys I was in FAST with and 28 of the guys I was with in 2/1 (the 2 units I served in over the years in the Marine Corps.). I agree with Ben. If you are prior service it's a great way to reconnect with guys you served with who you may have lost touch with over the years after you got out.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2011, 02:32 PM »
cool ill have to look into it kind of new to computer stuff we just got a laptop a wile ago im defintlylearning

If you can post on forums, you can DEF figure out Facebook. Its pretty user friendly, hell, my 85 year old Mom can do it...! (Course' I was an idiot to EVER bring it up to her, but she does OK! ::)
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.