New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: who in the area does nice walleye mounts???  (Read 4774 times)

Offline sacandagakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: who in the area does nice walleye mounts???
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:15 PM »
adirondak is the place, cheaper, and way better and more realistic fish mounts.
Dont't catch um all

Offline toadhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2011, 11:39 PM »
 you have any questions or would like to place an order, use one of the methods supplied below.

Physical / Postal Address:
JUST FISH Taxidermy
RR 1 Box 19D1
Stevensville, PA 18845

Telephone:
570-746-2180 - Office
570-604-4391 - Cellular

Email:
[email protected]

justfishtaxidermy.com
" It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:46 AM »
not really sure, i dont like replicas, i think they look really fake, but they do last alot longer, but i have skin moounts that are over 20 yrs old they are still in great shape, just dont hang them where the sun will bake them all day

Not sure where you have seen your replica's from BUT, there are different levels of grades of replica's everything from a stand replica to a museum grade quality replica and everything in between.  I have both replicas and skin and NOBODY can tell the difference if anything EVERBODY loves the replica's.   So No if done proper they do not look "FAKE".
Taxidermy is about making things come alive, the replica's I have look alive.

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:50 AM »
there are plenty of taxidermist around pulaski that do just as good if not better work for 13-14 a inch, his deer do look great, but they all do when they are first done, i think his fish doont loook so hot, that 1st walleye looks terrible, and he says no gurantee on the tanning of the hide, for 800 bucks he better nt mess that up or it wont last 4 months

NO TAXIDERMIST can guarantee a hide.  It is impossible.  I am a graduate of the Rinehart School of Taxidermy and have done Whitetail mounts for years, NO ONE CAN guarantee a HIDE.  Now a guy can say he will replace a hide and try again but to guarantee one , absolutely not.  I am not sure how much you know about this subject.  I am leaning towards not much.

adam2000

« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2011, 08:20 AM »
NO TAXIDERMIST can guarantee a hide.  It is impossible.  I am a graduate of the Rinehart School of Taxidermy and have done Whitetail mounts for years, NO ONE CAN guarantee a HIDE.  Now a guy can say he will replace a hide and try again but to guarantee one , absolutely not.  I am not sure how much you know about this subject.  I am leaning towards not much.

i know that for 800 bucks you better know how to tan a hide, hows that, i have 3 buddys that do it, do i do it no, so if your gonna sit here and tell me that you think 800 bucks for a deer head is resonable than you dont know much

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Stewart at North Country Taxidermy does great work as well. Hastings, ny
bump

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #36 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:25 AM »
Nothing worse than working hard to harvest a trophy animal and then throwing up when you get the mount back.  I learned the hard way on my first buck.  Ever since then, I've taken my heads to Whitney's Taxidermy in Granville, N.Y and now when I look at my deer heads I don't think to myself "I wish I hadn't paid so much", instead I say to myself "What a beautiful mount!".   

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #37 on: Mar 04, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Not picking on you Adam, but you haven't seen good fiberglass reproductions if you think they look fake, but you are right, bad ones do.  Good ones are out there, but like anything else, you have to shop for the right artist. 

I think I have only seen a handful of skin mounts as good as this repo.....

(Image removed from quote.)
that is beautifull  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.