Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Brushy Creek 1/17/05  (Read 931 times)

Offline Bullhead King

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Diehard Chicago Bears Fan!
Brushy Creek 1/17/05
« on: Jan 17, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Went out and ice fished Brushy Creek for the first time and man was it a blast.  The fishing wasn't fast, I caught about 20 blugills kept 8, caught 2 crappies one was huge as it fell off at the hole and the other that I kept was 10 inches,  and kept one perch that was 11 1/2 inches long!!  I had an Aqua view down and seen lots of fish, perch, bluegill, largemouth bass, crappies and even a big MUSKIE!!!!

Here is an interesting story about the muskie.  I was in about 20 feet of water about 100 yards south of the north boatramp and was fishing 3 feet of the bottom.  I had a blugills on and he got wraped around a tree branch and got snagged up, I loosened my line to see if he would swim his way out, which he didn't and I hooked the branch.  I raised the camera up to see if I could see my hook when I thought I hit a branch as there was something right in front of the camera the I could see the throat opening and gills of the inside of a fish!!!!!!!  I jerked the camera and the camera finally stood still and after turning it there was the MUSKIE!!!!  HE BIT AND TRIED TO SWALLOW THE CAMERA!!!!!  I pulled the camera up since I didn't for him to bite it off and yelled at my dad and his friend to come and take a look.  I lowered it back down and it was still there.  I swam close to the camera again and finally swam away after 5 minutes.  This story is no joke I just wished there was a VCR attached to the aquaview so I could have recorded it.

I can't wait to go back!!!!!

iceman480

Re: Brushy Creek 1/17/05
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Sounds like quite an experience.  It just goes to show tha strange things happen.  Glad to hear you had a great time. I fish at brushy alot and the fishing is slow for Crappies but you can get them to bite last night I caught two13 inchers and a 14 incher he was a brute.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.