Author Topic: mogadore  (Read 1917 times)

fishhunter24

mogadore
« on: Jan 16, 2005, 03:21 PM »
i was wondering if you was allowed to ice fish this lake this year my buddy told me that he seen in a paper he gets that you was not allowed to fish it this year

Offline Papascott

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: mogadore
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2005, 04:49 PM »
I know alot of people were out off congress lake rd during the first ice season. I am wondering if he is thinking of the old state park at portage lakes as it is closed as of 1st of the year for remodleing and such. Both are common places for early ice in the AKron/Canton area.

Scott

Offline husky jerk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Fishhunter,

I believe papascott is correct, I was on Mog.@ congress lk. rd. during that first cold snap, saw no signs or anything.  I was one of maybe 50 people out there that day.

Just waiting for it to ice back up, saw a post on OGF that today there's very little ice, birds are keeping the center open...booooo

Soon

Be Safe

Husky Jerk

Offline wormwigglr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2005, 07:05 PM »
you are definately still allowed to fish mogadore it is old lake state park that is off limits this year.

fishhunter24

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2005, 09:58 PM »
thanks for the iinformaion as soon as i here there is safe ice i will be out there

Offline Big Daddy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Hey Mike, I'll be out there Saturday off Congress Lake Rd.

Also, I'll be stopping by the lake on my way to work to check how the ice is doing. I'll post a report.

This season is driving me nuts. I need to get on some water and get to fishing!!!

Carl
Beer is proof God wanted all of us on Earth to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Big Daddy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2005, 03:39 PM »
Mogadore was completely covered with ice, both off Congress Lake Rd and Rt 43. There was about a 40 yard open area just off the boathouse.

A friend of mine lives on Portage Lakes. He popped a hole at the end of his dock and there was a good 2 1/2 inches of good, clear ice.

I also drove around Nimisila today. Completely covered with ice, lots of pressure cracks too. Still building. Hopefully, by the weekend there will be numerous places to fish on the stuff.

I'll be at Mogadore, 7AM Saturday til at least 7pm.

Carl
Beer is proof God wanted all of us on Earth to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

fishhunter24

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:30 PM »
carl i will be there around then to depends on how ther weaher is how long it will take me to get there see you on the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.