The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Morey?  (Read 644 times)

Offline fishinaround

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Morey?
« on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:10 AM »
Hey all, thinking of going down to lake morey. Any tips? Looks like perch, bass and pike. Has anyone been fishing there? Thanks
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Morey?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2011, 09:55 AM »
hey fish morey is a blast for bass, perch and gills but don't get your hopes up for catching pike. that fishery was decimated in the past decade from people keeping all the big breeders and probably a natural cycle but they are starting to come back. i caught and released a 5.2lb female full of eggs a month ago and watched 2 smaller ones get c&r the day before. other than that it's been 2 years since iv'e caught one or anyone i fish with! and we put our time in on morey pm me for some tips

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:39 AM »
I agree Morey is a great time if you want to spend the time to learn the bite.  It has been a great perch bite this year from what I hear.  Going to try it this week for the gills.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Temp430

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:54 AM »
I did very well at Lake Morey last March fishing with minnows for small mouth bass.  My 7 year old caught his first fish through the ice and it was an 18" small mouth. 

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Fished morey  yesterday some of the best fishing I've ever zen
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.