Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Caugh it up-3Mile?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Kolby

• IceShanty Rookie
Caugh it up-3Mile?
« on: Jan 14, 2005, 10:18 PM »
I'm going Sunday, who's fished it lately?

Offline Kolby

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Caugh it up-3Mile?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Hey Creo I've fished 3 mile recently.LOL, Ice is 8 inches with thicker areas around.  Fished from 2:30 to 6:00, Managed 2 small eyes and a bunch of little Crappies - Little suckers were everywhere, and they were drilling my BIG Jiggin Raps and 1/4oz spoons!!  Drilled probably 50 holes initially and marked fish in every hole.  Slowed me down though, since I had to fish the holes with marks on or close to bottom (eye chasing)  90% of the time they were Craps ::)  If anyone ever wants to learn how to find and catch crappies, go walleye fishing with me sometime :D  Between Big Creek and now Three mile, I'm starting to think my auger is callin them in. 

By the way, I saw Big Creek's fishing reports are bad, You can catch as many Crappies as you can stand if you go to the lower end of that lake and fish in 35 to 50 FOW anywhere you find the old sunken stumps and trees, I think the hot spots map is the only one that shows this old deep structure on Big Creek.   

Offline goody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish, Forced to work!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Thanks for the report.

....on a side note...anyone catching fish that deep in Big Creek is I hope keeping them....catching fish below the 20-22ft level in most water in Iowa will kill those fish....especially in the winter.  Not a put down, just a reality that some people dont realize. 

Again, thanks for the report...need to get down to 3mile sometime soon....

goody
Born to fish, forced to work!!

Des Moines, Iowa

Offline frozen1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I got a fever and the only cure is more ice fishn!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2005, 09:38 AM »
We also fished 3-Mile on Sunday. Caught and released over 50 crappies. All of them were around 8 inches. Caught a FEW that were 10-12 inches. My son also caught a Yellow Perch, Bluegill and a small Walleye.
Chad

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.