The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hyalite Lake on Saturday  (Read 979 times)

Offline DarkFalcon429

• IceShanty Rookie
Hyalite Lake on Saturday
« on: Feb 16, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Heading to Hyalite lake this weekend for the first time. Need some pointers on locations and tackle. Any info helps.
Thanks

Offline TheGreenHornet

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hyalite Lake on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Hyalite is generally really slow this time of year...it picks back up in march from my experience up there.  BUT you never know.  We do well with pink and glow in the dark jigs tipped with worms in about 15-25 feet of water.  Places to try are next to the damn tower and along the western shore of one of the points.  Early in the year you can do very well right of the boat ramp but that has died down from what I seen and heard. 

Offline DarkFalcon429

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2011, 03:42 PM »
Thank for the info. Also anyone interested in joining us is more than welcome. we should be there all day

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.  The lunar forcast is good so you might be able to get some.  Also there is alot of snow on the lake so be prepared for a workout. Also be prepared for some slush on top of the ice. 

Offline DarkFalcon429

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2011, 02:54 PM »
       We got out on the ice a little late, but we still spent most of the day fishing. Slush was really bad plus the weather turned cold which paired with the slush to make it interestingly unpleasant. First line in the water caught a pretty little brookie but after that we were unable to move a fish until we were pulling our last line out to leave. All in all the fishing was really slow.
       The rest of the lake was the same way. All of the other groups had a rough time finding the fish and when one was eventually hooked everyone from every camp would run over just to see a damn fish. Thankfully we are almost through Feb and all of its crazy weather. Hopefully the fishing will change with the advent of March.

Offline fishhunter85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:10 AM »
Im headed up early friday morning with a buddy of mine to give hyalite another go...if anyone hits it up before friday let me know how it goes and ill be sure to do the same when i return friday evening! Tight Lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.