Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Wheres all the Iowa Ice people?  (Read 1656 times)

iceman480

Wheres all the Iowa Ice people?
« on: Jan 14, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I was just wondering if everyone quit ice fishing Nobody is posting stuff hardly.  Did it get too cold for ya or what and if you aint fishing you should be on the shanty posting.

Offline Kolby

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wheres all the Iowa Ice people?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2005, 10:15 PM »
We're getting ready to drive North were fish can be caught :D No, some lakes that are historically good are downright tough right now - Fish are scattered from 10' down to 50'.  And other good lakes in Southern Iowa have marginal ice.  Many people are pounding the farm ponds catching panfish right now.  Hopefully this coldblast will stabilize the fish into a pattern and thicken some ice!   

Offline goody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish, Forced to work!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Not been out enough to post.....plan to be out about every morning this week from sunup to about 11 (have to work at noon).  ALso headed to Macbride for another site's outing this upcoming weekend!

goody
Born to fish, forced to work!!

Des Moines, Iowa

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2005, 10:43 AM »
To brisk for most people to get out and fish in with this recent blast of canadian air we got.  High today -2 and the low last night was -17.  I dont mind it though  ;D

#1 tool in the arsenal of an ice fisherman is a good pair of boots,especially when it's this cold!

Offline BellyupFeetdanglin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2005, 09:38 AM »
I hear ya iceman, just seems like nobody is posting much up.

Offline Iowa ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the bobbers under set the hook.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I've been out every weekend the past month or better. Been doing quite well in eastern Iowa. Mostly fishin' the back waters, with a few small ponds and lakes thrown in for some thing different. Been taking the 3 yr. old daughter with me. She's been having a blast catching all those fish. I don't get to catch very many, to busy with her, but I don't mind it at all. It's great to watch her get all excited over them fish coming thru the hole at her. Well see ya'll on the ice.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "............Holy crap.............what a ride!"

Offline -fish-

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2005, 02:32 PM »
I just got back in town yesterday from a week long journey to devils lake and a trip to minnesota the weekend before that. So I plan on pounding IA fish these upcoming weeks....Went to maffit yesterday and the same ole story there, bunch of dink gills, I had a fish suspended at 5 feet under in 12 fow, got my jig up, slammed it, then lost it. Oh well though, going out tonight to try for some evening eyes, hopefully they will produce....Then banner for trout tommorow and possibly weds,  then aquabi for some crappie, and off to Macbride this weekend, i dont have to high expectations from what I have heard of that lake(mbride) this year but who knows...

iceman480

« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Hey, I'm glad to see people finally posting in here I was begining to get lonly. Hope you guys have great success out there fishing .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.