• IceShanty Rookie
`
« on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:08 AM »
x

Offline Iced Earth

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: got another 10" of the white stuff
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:12 AM »
With all of this snow, only the hardcore ice fishermen will be out. I wish I had a snowmobile too. Dragging is alot of work, but usually pays off.

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Oh Well. All this global warming is sure messing up our ice fishing!!! ;D ;D
I agree, probably will also put the fishing on hold until the ice is closer to the top again. >:( >:( >:(

Offline razzledazzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish H8 me
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Yup...same here unless I really get anxious.
Fish H8 me ™
www.fishH8me.com

Gerry

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Even those who have snowmobiles aren't gonna necessarily have an easy time. Rough going out there! The weather forecast for the next 10 days doesn't look good... 8/10 days have predicted snow! AHHHH
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2011, 01:42 PM »
I like to set my tip-ups about 50yds apart from one another for lakers -that's not happening with this snow !I should make Al Gore come up here and shovel a path on the ice for me!  :)

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:42 PM »
Even those who have snowmobiles aren't gonna necessarily have an easy time. Rough going out there! The weather forecast for the next 10 days doesn't look good... 8/10 days have predicted snow! AHHHH

Ive heard that snowmobiles are getting stuck

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Snowmobiles arent doing good! Couldnt get to my shanty with my snowmobile yesterday with all this slush. Not good..... ???

Offline smithsfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 20 pounds 2 ounces
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2011, 04:56 PM »
the only thing that is doing somewhat good is a fourwheeler with tracks!!  And they are getting stuck sometimes!

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:17 PM »
I cant imagine getting a wheeler with tracks all around stuck is easy to get out..... that was my next go to plan..

Offline genasjigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:31 PM »
I cant imagine getting a wheeler with tracks all around stuck is easy to get out..... that was my next go to plan..
We have been snow shoeing to our spots.

Offline sori___

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:36 PM »
We have been snow shoeing to our spots.

X2, shoe'd my butt 1/4 mile to get where I wanted today.. was worth every step.

Offline pikeslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2011, 07:46 PM »
geez ... is this ever gonna end? got another 10" of the white stuff yesterday and last night, then mixed with sleet and rain on top - now all sitting on the slush and slop and crap already on the ice. what the h*ll?

i dont have a snow machine so i cant move out there, my ice fishing is over until this melts off and leaves just ice i think! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You can always take ice fishing holes that were already drilled by past fisherman. Thats what i did and caught a decent amount of perch

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:33 PM »
geez ... is this ever gonna end? got another 10" of the white stuff yesterday and last night, then mixed with sleet and rain on top - now all sitting on the slush and slop and crap already on the ice. what the h*ll?

i dont have a snow machine so i cant move out there, my ice fishing is over until this melts off and leaves just ice i think! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
thats exactly what we here in South Dakota are also saying.We are battling the same elements you folks are.We allready had about 2ft. of snow and the slush crap and Saturday we were SUPPOSED to get 2,maybe 3 in. and got 8-9 in. How much rain are you guys getting? i was on the DTN and looking at the past 24 hour precipitation and was showing in amounts of a inch of rain in areas from New York up to Maine.Is that right?I can't imagine the mess that would make.This really sucks as this year is alot worse now than last year.Iv'e probably been out a hand full of times in the last two years.This week we hit the deep freeze again. How about you guys p in the north east?
born to fish---forced to work

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2011, 09:34 PM »
not trying to start any thing here, but i typed in "snow" and "global warming" into google and got these:

Yes, global warming could mean more snow
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-02-14/news/ct-oped-0214-page-20100212_1_global-warming-term-climate-change-snow

Snow is consistent with global warming, say scientists
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/4436934/Snow-is-consistent-with-global-warming-say-scientists.html

Another Blizzard: What Happened to Global Warming?
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1962294,00.html

It's not just hot air; climate change could also mean more snow
http://news.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=79547

apparently, warmer air holds more moisture, which comes down in giant snowstorms whenever the air temp gets below 32 ....
I don't disagree that global warming is occuring. anytime something happens with the weather that is to someone's dislike it often gets blamed on "Global Warming". That's my personal pet pieve!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.