The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Dunmore  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Myke Wells

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Dunmore
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Went out on Dunmore today in the storm and set up for lakers and salmon and bass.caught one laker about 3 lbs.I set up my jig shak and started jigging for perch and smelt ,dropped a glow in the dark with a green tip perch jig in about 40ft of water and sounded it to the bottom. Put on 3 spikes and dropped it to the bottom and set the pole in a bucket because I had a flag went to the tipup nothing there but when I got back my jig pole was bent over pretty good and I reeled in a 2.8lb cat fish which came off in the hole before i could grab it. Sent it back down to the bottom and went to another flag and came back and picked up the pole and hooked the same cat at least it was the same size cat.It was agood fight its my fist time catching cats on a jig with 4lb test.I was like a little kid catching a fish for their fist time . It was a blast. Then it got slow after that. Had some luck Sunday with the bass.
Unclebuck

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
Re: Lake Dunmore
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:25 AM »
 :clap: :thumbsup: :woot:

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline sreigle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Saturday-I took a beautiful 21" Salmon 3' below the ice, a nice 18" smallie and the requsite # of dink perch!  I had a lot of flags- most likely salmon as there were many drops- all were high in the water column.

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Hey Myke - who would have guessed channel catfish in Dunmore?? My brother and I were fishing
smallies there this Oct right at end of the regular season. We are hammering the smallies and
he hooks up a big fish in 40 feet of water. After a long battle we land a 30 inch 12 pound channel,
pike or laker but would never have guessed a channel cat..

Offline Myke Wells

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Yea there in there we've caught a few through the ice in the last couple years.
Unclebuck

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:02 AM »
Saturday-I took a beautiful 21" Salmon 3' below the ice, a nice 18" smallie and the requsite # of dink perch!  I had a lot of flags- most likely salmon as there were many drops- all were high in the water column.
Were the salmon hitting shiners?
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline stubborn1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:38 AM »
Cool post Myke.  Thanks for the info.  Way to go fishing during the storm.  I'm glad your efforts were rewarded!
I fish better Hungry.

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2011, 11:06 AM »
a buddy of mine caught a 14lb cat. 2 weeks ago. weve been getting lakers salmon and pike all on smelt. tight lines!
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline smithsfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 20 pounds 2 ounces
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Last summer i caught a 22 pound cat down on the south end!       Were u catching the trout under the ice? i went out last weekend and only caught one small salmon. 

Offline sreigle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:41 PM »
The salmon were actually taking perch bait- hooked through the lips with a circle hook.  They didn't touch the larger shiners.  4' 6# test leader with only a small split shot about 18" above the hook.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.