Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: CLEAR LAKE REPORT  (Read 2851 times)

Madtrapper

CLEAR LAKE REPORT
« on: Jan 09, 2005, 07:43 AM »
HI AGAIN-- :D Started fishing at 10.30 am wayyy to late --1 eye and 2 nice bass right away--alot of action I lost good fish --rookie fisher man--12.00 stoped like a off switch--dead all afternoon--talked to some others and they said the samething--good fishing all morning --I was out of the park west end, middle ,10 feet water,12in. ice, their was some trucks out from farmers beach-- ;D--Madrtapper--

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: CLEAR LAKE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Went to Farmers Beach this morning fished from 8:30-11:30.  Between 2 people we caught 20-30 Yellow Bass 1 1/2ft off the bottom in 11ft of water.  And one 13 inch Walleye.  Snow not as deep as expected still can drive anywhere on the lake off the plowed roads with a 4x4. 

P.S.  Going fishin off the Island/Megalopolis shanty town tonight 3:00 till they quit biting will post report later on tonight

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Fishing not so good tonight off the island. 1 yellow bass 3:00-6:00 pm talked to a few guys that been fishing all day didnt catch anything but a few yellows and no walleyes.  Guess its been like that for a few days according to them??

Offline Icey Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's as good as ICE FISHING
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2005, 08:11 PM »
I fished Farmers Beach Sunday.  From 3:00 to 10:00, 11ft water.  Caught one striped bass, one cigar and one barely keeper walleye.  Nice plowed road going out, alot of guys fishing, don't know how every one was doing.  Wind really came up after dark and sent most of the guys packing.  I'll have to get out here again sometime..

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2005, 12:45 PM »
One of the white bass I caught around Billy's Reef this morning.  Darn near 14 inches we'll see how she cooks up.  Never ate white bass before I know yellows are good.

Offline BellyupFeetdanglin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Crappiebuster,
My favorite way to cook White Bass is to blacken them.   Good, good, good!!!!

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2005, 06:56 PM »
i always trim the red meat off. they will taste better. :)

Offline crowbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2005, 07:46 PM »
CrappieBuster......... if you don't take the red meat off you probably won't bring another one home to taste :thumbsup:. I hope to make it up to Clear Lake soon, so don't catch them all before I get up there.   :tipup:

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2005, 10:02 AM »
any more clear lake reports? or is it too cold for ya all? 8)

Offline FEZHUNT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2005, 01:06 PM »
Last week fishing was very good, yellows and walleyes.  We even had good luck in the middle of the day.
Good luck. 

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Lets bring this topic up again ;D. How are people doing on the east end of CL lake? I dont wanna hear no yellow reports either!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.