The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sullivan County Fishing  (Read 2119 times)

Offline cuzby21

• IceShanty Rookie
Sullivan County Fishing
« on: Jan 30, 2011, 06:22 AM »
Going up to Sullivan County fishing next weekend, what pond or lake is going to be the best place to fishing to catch a large quantity of nice fish??  Lake Jean, Hunters Lake, Sones Pond or Bear Wallow??  Any and all advice is greatly appreciate!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Re: Sullivan County Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2011, 02:30 PM »
"...Lake Jean is a windfest, although it can be a great night bite lake" 

It can be a great night bite and it can be windy up there,  but the fish do bite in the dya up there.  I would say you would catch more here of average sized (perch, gills, and bass)

"Hunters would be my choice, but there are springs in there and you should know the lake before fishing it. "

hunters does have some nice fish in it, but this lake can be a really tough lake to fish.  generally takes a coulpe of fishing trips to get to know some of the spots a bit where regular fish can be caught.  this lake does the some fo the biggest perch in northcentral PA and some of the biggest pickerel and crappies to. 

Bear wallow does not have winter maintenance on the road so there will be snow on it.  there are generally average sized fish in here with a bunch of good sized golden shiners. 

I would go to Jean for numbers of fish caught and hunters if you dont care about numbers and only want quality of fish. 

ANother lake you could consider is rose valleye.  not in sullivan county but can be good lake to fish.  this has some good sized walleye average sized bass, and some of the bigger perch in the area.  It also has some really big Bluegills if you can find them.  I would try off of the gravel parking lot for the best chance at a variety of fish. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.